X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nick77
    • Apr 2006

Second Sub?

Well I am thinking about replacing the RLP-15 driver in now abandoned sealed 4.5cubic ft. cabinet.
    I pulled the driver to build a vented sonotube with Steves Cs help and love it, but have this sealed cabinet is just sitting here which represents alot of time and effort.
    Is there any problem with having perhaps the best of both worlds with one vented and one sealed?
    Attached Files
  • SteveCallas
    • Aug 2005

The low end of the sealed sub will act as a limiting factor when using both together. Assuming you play the subs at a level low enough to always stay within the low end capability of the sealed sub (which would kind of negate the purpose for building the LLT h: ), and both subs were EQ'd flat over the same range, you would stand to benefit somewhat, but there would likely be some phase issues.

It's worth a try, but it definitely wouldn't be ideal. If you are going to buy another RLp15, you know what my advise would be :B

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"