X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hoggy
    • Jun 2006

need a cheap LCR project

I've beening wanting to do Nat P's for some time now and a modula center or something like that, but thats just out of my price range right now, I wanna do something real bad but need to do the mains and center, any help appreciated
  • seattle_ice
    • Jun 2006

If the nat P's are out of your price range, just how low is your budget?
    If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!
    How to build a theater in 1,110,993 easy steps

Comment

• hoggy
      • Jun 2006

seems like crossover and speakers are gonna be about 400 for nat p's, I'd like to do the front three for no more than that, i already have lots of wood and wood tools, so i'm not too worried about that part of it, just the main components

Comment

• seattle_ice
        • Jun 2006

Derek is building a set of the Modula MT's on a budget. I think he said he is coming in around $250. You can see it Here
        Last edited by theSven; 08 June 2023, 17:09 Thursday. Reason: Update htguide url
        If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!
        How to build a theater in 1,110,993 easy steps

Comment

• Mazeroth
          • Nov 2004

Build a good stereo set and use the Phantom Center mode until you can save up for a center channel.

Comment

• KeithM
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Mazeroth
            Build a good stereo set and use the Phantom Center mode until you can save up for a center channel.
            That's what I'd do. for 400 bucks, you get very little compared to nat p's

Comment

• hoggy
              • Jun 2006

what is phantom center? i take it that is a mode on the reciever? i have an hk avr 240? do they do that well?

Comment

• Dennis H
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Aug 2002

Hoggy, as stated before, Derek bought all the parts, less enclosures, for two Modula MTs, for $217. You should be able to buy everything you need, including some MDF, and stay well within your budget, all-in less than $400 for the three.

Last edited by theSven; 08 June 2023, 17:09 Thursday. Reason: Update htguide url

Comment

• ---k---
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Nov 2005

What about CJD's RS150 MTM?
                  - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
                  CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
                  CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• hoggy
                    • Jun 2006

i think the modula MT's sound good, probably have to do that since I can turn them into surrons at a later date

I like that idea, thanks

Comment

• Mazeroth
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by hoggy
                      what is phantom center? i take it that is a mode on the reciever? i have an hk avr 240? do they do that well?
                      It's a standard feature on just about every AVR out there with Dolby Digital. Your HK is a great receiver and should do a fantastic job of doing it.

Comment

• derekbannatyne
                        • Jan 2006

Here's a layout of the crossovers that I made, they're designed so that you can pull them out easy enough if something isn't right.
                        Tweeter:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MTTweeterCrossover.webp
Views:	39
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	939418
                        Woofer:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MTWooferCrossover.webp
Views:	42
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	939419

The Woof and Out outputs mean they are the ones that join the crossovers together, just look on the actual diagram to see which ones go together. Hope this helps!
                        Last edited by theSven; 08 June 2023, 17:09 Thursday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"