interesting challenge... custom xovers for car audio?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joegibs
    • Mar 2006

interesting challenge... custom xovers for car audio?

I know this is a HT forum, but there's so much more experience and knowledge towards the custom DIY stuff here than on any other car audio forum.

Here's the background- I've been into car audio for a few years, and i've recently started to notice how unsatisfying my front stage is. I've gone as far as to try different headunits, different amplifiers, 21 band equalizers, and just a couple months ago swapped out the mids to a different brand thinking they were responsible.

None of it helped. All of my settings on everything are feeding the component set full range signal, meaning they should be playing the lower frequencies. Everything below about 70-80 hz is just dead, no life at all. The only thing in the entire line that hasnt been replaced is the crossovers that came with my component set.

I've done setups in other vehicles for friends using different component sets, and they've all produced decent bass when running full range. I've also installed other CDT component sets (same brand as i'm running) in other vehicles, none of which can produce any bass, or even decent midbass for that matter.

So this is why i've come to you guys. Is it possible to modify my current xovers, or would it be best to make new ones to better fit my equipment?
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Probably want to ask your question at the forum link below. I think you'll find some knowledgeable people available to assist you.
    A forum community dedicated to all mobile audio enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about capacitors, amplifiers, subwoofers, marine and automotive audio, troubleshooting, and more!

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"