X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hoggy
    • Jun 2006

why unshielded tweeter?

I see most designs for speakers use a shielded woofer but an unshielded tweet? why is this?
  • CombatWombat
    • Jul 2006

Dont quote me on this but id imagine that it is cause the woffers use a much larger magnet that the tweeters there for producing a much lager field thant the tweeter could.... that would be my thoughts

Comment

• seattle_ice
      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by CombatWombat
      Dont quote me on this but id imagine that it is cause the woffers use a much larger magnet that the tweeters there for producing a much lager field thant the tweeter could.... that would be my thoughts
      Seems logical to me.
      If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!
      How to build a theater in 1,110,993 easy steps

Comment

• hoggy
        • Jun 2006

thats what I thought too, hoping an expert will chime in

does it have to do with above stated possibilities plus the price difference?

or is it based more on paramater?

Comment

• BobEllis
          Super Senior Member
          • Dec 2005

If you are referring to designs posted here, it probably has more to do with the fact that the 8 ohm Dayton RS series woofers are only available shielded and the initial work on designs like the Modula were done when Dayton's RS28 was NOT available shielded.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"