X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonasz
    • Nov 2004

Diffraction SS9900 vs 9700

Would the shallow waveguide of the 9900 help prevent edge diffraction? Or is it just too "little" depth to the waveguide for it to be effective?
  • Jonasz
    • Nov 2004

Noone have any ideas on the subject?

Comment

• Ludvig
      • Jan 2006

Since the diameter of the "waveguide" is small, I don't think it affects more than very high frequencies, where the diffraction is not that serious anyway.

Comment

• dlr
        • Feb 2005

Little, if any, change to diffraction

Originally posted by Jonasz
        Would the shallow waveguide of the 9900 help prevent edge diffraction? Or is it just too "little" depth to the waveguide for it to be effective?
        There may be some minor alteration of the diffraction signature. The "horn" loading is very minor, not enough to help any diffraction issues, I'm sure.

dlr
        Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

• Jonasz
          • Nov 2004

Comparing the datasheets from Tymphany of the 9900 and the 9700 (wich I understand is exactly the same tweeter except for the frontplate) it seems the waveguide gives a gain between 900hz and 6khz with 3 db gain in the 2-3khz region. Surprisingly (at least to me ) the 9900 also seems to have a few dB better offaxis respons over 10 khz.

So if using the 9900 with a cross at 2khz it should have 3 dB less distortion (after correcting for the waveguide-gain) or am I thinking wrong? And why the better dispersion in the top octave?

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"