X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bsmith203
    • Apr 2006

Problems with behringer 2500!

I am hearing an annoying thump about every thirty seconds from my sub at all times while sub is powered up. Added BFD today and it seems I have boosted the frequency tremendously and it is louder than ever. Got so upset while trying to watch Ultravoilet this evening that I cut everything off and posted this thread for any possible suggestions. I am using 1/4 to rca adaptors to connect the amp to bfd and them to Kenwood Soverign reciever. i have another sub amp hooked up and it does not have any turn on or on going thump. Please Help! :M
    Brian
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The Behringer EQ's are direct coupled (this means there are no relays). It means there's a turn on and turn off thump. That's why we leave them on all the time. 7 watts draw isn't a big deal since it's only a bit more than a night light...

Whatever is thumping every 30 sec is defective and should be serviced or replaced

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Greybeard191
      • Jan 2005

if input to amp is disconnected, does sub still thump? If so, send amp for servicing.

Comment

• ---k---
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2005

Ground loop problems usually don't exhibt themselves as thumping every thirty seconds, but just to be sure, put a $0.50 cheater plug on both the BFD and the Amp.

If you don't like doing this, that is cool, just do it for a test. After you have determined it isn't ground loop, smarter people than I can probably help you more.
        - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
        CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
        CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• Fryguy
          • Apr 2006

First thing to do is to minimize the list of effectable equipment.

The easiest/fastest way to try this is to disconnect the amp from any inputs so that it is only connected to the wall and the sub. If it still exhibits the behavior in this scenario, then you've found your problem.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"