sittin' on the deck - (sub-sat system anyone?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bent
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2003

sittin' on the deck - (sub-sat system anyone?)

I have a friend who attended a get-together who had his I-pod connected outside to a altec-lansing sub-satellite stereo pair system, it was about 100 bucks CDN to purchase - it didn't seem to perform too badly, but wasn't dynamic enough for my liking, and the subwoofer was merely good for mid-bass.

What can we do with raw drivers for approx double that price - I'm hoping for decent volume and a subwoofer that goes a bit lower that what I'd guess to be about 60 - 50 hz at most? Is there any smaller amplifier modules that could be utilized in the sub enclosure that would drive a decent set of full range speakers in the satellites?
  • Hank
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2002

Well, there's the plans for and iPod connectable one-box stereo speaker in the current Parts Express flyer. Looks like it could do better dynamics than a $100 plastic set.

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

The only thing we have that's close is the design Mark Seaton created in this thread. It's a bit over your budget though...
      Hey everyone, Since this is my first post, I thought I'd introduce myself a little first. I'm a 21 year old English major at St. Mary's College of Maryland (Junior year), I love music. I've played acoustic guitar for about 2-1/2 years now (an Alvarez RD-8) and have put in many sound systems in cars (mostly my '99 Jeep
      Last edited by theSven; 15 August 2023, 15:20 Tuesday. Reason: Update htguide url

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"