X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m-unit
    • Jun 2006

wondering what surrounds I should get/make

I've got kind of a mismatched system and I'm trying to even things out. I'm just getting started with home theater stuff and I was wondering if there were any plans for surrounds that would somewhat match what I already have.
    I currently have axiom M22 mains
    I am putting together a subwoofer right now as well. It's a 240W plate amp and a Dayton 10"
    I have an old technics headunit that probably isn't putting out much power. Also the current surrounds i have are from a KLH htib system. Anyway I just wonder if any surrounds jump out at anyone.
    My room is also 10' X 12'

Oh yeh for future use I spose it wouldn't hurt to throw in a center channel speaker. Building shouldn't be a problem. I am pretty good with woodworking and soldering. My stepdad is also good with electronics which will help with crossover diagrams and what not.
  • KeithM
    • Oct 2005

I'd look at the Mission Accomplished subforum for the modula MT's or the Natalie P's. They should work as good surrounds. For the center try to get an Axiom to match it in timbre, like the VP100.
    Last edited by KeithM; 26 June 2006, 23:16 Monday. Reason: typo

Comment

• Paul H
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by KeithM
      I'd look at the Mission Accomplished subforum for the modula MT's or the Natalie P's. They should work as good surrounds. For the center try to get an Axiom to match it in timbre, like the VP100.

Good suggestion, but I'd build a pair of these first, and then decide whether the diy speakers or the axiom's will be the mains, before getting a centre channel to match.

Comment

• m-unit
        • Jun 2006

thanks for the tips. I will be checking out the mission accomplished to see which project looks best for me.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"