X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poneal
    • May 2024

OT: Got my Yamaha PS2500S amp in...

If this needs to be moved by all means go ahead. I didn't see a place for just amps but ones dedicated to specific brand names. This is a very nice amp. It is small but packs a wallop in weight and power. Bass is much more pronounced using this amp probably because it has so much overhead and is designed to drive 4ohm loads in 95 degree heat out in the sun at full tilt. Ya, I think this may just last me the rest of my life. I incorporated the Low Cut switch and set the FR to 25hz to rolloff the subsonics and protect my speaker woofers on the lowend. Very, very nice amp. :T

Cheers,

Paul
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

Cool,
    What are you using it to drive?
    What was your previous amp?
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• poneal

I'm using it in stereo mode to drive my 4ohm Aegis 3.5 ways. My previous amp was a HK AVR 320. Although the HK had adequate power and could drive the 4ohm load it got very warm when doing so. This is the 2nd time the AVR has been in the shop. This time they are doing a full warranty repair and bring it up to factory specs.

I did hear a difference. Not really in the mids and highs but the lowend was much more pronounced and authortative. My AVR was 65wpc in stereo; this one is 250wpc in stereo @ 8ohms. Plenty of overhead now :-) and this guy should easily last 30+ years IMHO.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"