X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bsmith203
    • Apr 2006

Questions about Behringer 2500

Are you guys actually turning this unit on and off every time that you want to use it. I have had mine about three weeks and just hooked it up on yesterday evening. When I woke up this morning with the fan still running as if it had been playing all night long. I didnt read anything about a turn on/off circuit so is anyone modifying these amps to make them go into snooze mode? Or will I just have to walk up to the thing every time I'm Finished listening to a movie or music and cut it off. :M
    Thanks in advance
    Brian Smith
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

I turn mine on and off. It is the only peice of gear I have that I turn off.
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

When the amp is powered up the fan runs...

Or will I just have to walk up to the thing every time I'm Finished listening to a movie or music and cut it off.
      Yep we call that 'exercise'...... :B

You could use a triggered sequencer to power your gear up/down.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• palmtree
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by ThomasW
        When the amp is powered up the fan runs...

Yep we call that 'exercise'...... :B

You could use a triggered sequencer to power your gear up/down.
        yes! I am totally pumped about the sequencer idea. I have been keeping an eye on ebay lately and finally landed a Furman PS-Pro 20 amp power sequencer/conditioner for $102 shipped. I am really excited because the ~$300 price tag on the new units was really depressing me. So keep your eyes open and you can find a deal from time to time. I will let you know how it works when I get it and finally get everything up and running.

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Furman PS-Pro 20
          Those are nice, I use a pair of them.... :T

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• chasw98
            Super Senior Member
            • Jan 2006

It is very easy to build a relay or SSR (for silent operation) that gets triggered by a switched AC outlet that will turn your amp on & off when you turn the receiver or preamp on or off. Cost is less than $25.00. I got a Monster HTS3500 for ~$100.00 on ebay that works well.

Comment

• Dotay
              • Oct 2004

I'm using the Belkin PF60 to do the switching of the amp and BFD when my receiver is turned on and off. It works great. :T

Comment

• ThomasW
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Dotay
                I'm using the Belkin PF60 to do the switching of the amp and BFD when my receiver is turned on and off. It works great. :T
                Correct.... :B

The Provantage pricing on the Belkin is a great deal on a great device. I have one and it's really cool. The power cord is about the size of a garden hose.... 8O

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• dyazdani
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Oct 2005

My EP2500 doesn't reach to my Monster power center, so I get "exercise" every night...

I may pick up one of those Belkin units when I get over my recent spending spree(s).
                  Danish

Comment

• Dotay
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by ThomasW
                    The power cord is about the size of a garden hose.... 8O
                    Haha, yeah I was a bit surprised by this myself. I had heard it was a pretty beefy cord, but I had no idea it was quite that beefy. Garden hose is an apt description. :rofl:

Comment

• bsmith203
                      • Apr 2006

Anyone interested in adding another 2500 Amp to there system? Seems like All I keep doing with this DIY sub is contiuously spending more money. Taking all offers on the amp! PM me
                      Brian

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"