"Aegis" 3.5 way version 1.1 Crossover...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poneal
    • May 2024

"Aegis" 3.5 way version 1.1 Crossover...

I spent my weekend tweaking the initial xover and came up with this. It basically has more components--imagine that :rofl: Some of the improvements:

1. At louder volumes the breakup mode of the RS225 could be heard so I placed a notch filter in the woofer circuit to place the breakup mode at 50+ db down. Of course this changed the transfer functions.
    2. Messed with the mid circuit to get a lower crossover point. Just under 1000hz instead of 1200hz and put in a bigger inductor paired with a resistor to help with the transfer function.
    3. The phase on the tweeter was way off so adding that 25uF cap and that resistor off the inductor whipped it back into shape.

Overall an improvement in sound quality, phase alignment, and clarity.

I have two weeks off starting next week so I will probably haul the beasts outside again and do both on-axis gated and ground plane measurements again. After these measurments are taken the crossover may change again. Although, I am very pleased with the sound of this speaker, just be aware it could change to try to make it better if you're inclined to build it. Version 1.1 is also posted in the writeup on my web page. Have a good one.

Paul

My site: http://home.stx.rr.com/poneal/
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"