X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amphiprion
    • Apr 2006

Public Apology to ThomasW

My name is Amphiprion. I originally registered on this forum with an anonymous handle because of the following. Several years ago I was involved in a discussion with ThomasW on another forum (Home Theater Talk) and, while in a bad mood over something else, lashed out at him in an inappropriate manner over a choice of driver in a speaker system I had designed. It was uncalled for and made as a result of my state of mind at the time and not anything ThomasW had provoked. In retrospect I greatly regret this as ThomasW has done very much to help other speaker builders. I could have made this apology private, but I wanted to own up to what I did and let folks know I'm sorry about it, especially since I seem to be participating much more on this forum recently. I still reserve the right to disagree with ThomasW and maybe even Jon sometimes , but I will always do it in a respectful manner.

Thank you and I hope I can be a contributing member of the forum.

Amphiprion
  • Dennis H
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2002

Cool, Mark. Even Thomas gets in a bad mood sometimes online so it's no big. We're all big boys here and we can handle it.

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Hi Mark, apology accepted and welcome.... :T

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Can you feel the love here?

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
          • Aug 2001

Classy, Mark.

Comment

• JonMarsh
            Mad Max Moderator
            • Aug 2000

First class, Mark. :T

That's the kind of participation and respect we hope and strive for, though lord only knows we all have our failings.

(Just be careful about confronting Evil Twin with his- the reports I get back is that he's something of a volatile character- rather opinionated in his views, and a stickler on seeing technical issues HIS way; i.e., a PITA! :roll: )
            the AudioWorx
            Natalie P
            M8ta
            Modula Neo DCC
            Modula MT XE
            Modula Xtreme
            Isiris
            Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
            Minerva Monitor
            Calliope
            Ardent D

In Development...
            Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
            Obi-Wan
            Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
            Modula PWB
            Calliope CC Supreme
            Natalie P Ultra
            Natalie P Supreme
            Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
            Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

hey, I remember that name, seems like. You know, I never forgave you for.... Just kidding. Thanks Mark for making things right and coming out of your "shell". Thanks to Thomas too for his cooperative spirit. It all works better when we get along and play nice.

Oh, the irritable twin, I mean evil twin, now that's another story...

Doug
              Doug
              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Hank
                Super Senior Member
                • Jul 2002

Good man, Mark! My hat's off to you. :T
                Do watch your back for the Evil Twin. :W

Mark is a friend, very knowledgable (EE from U.T.) and has been to my house many times, some to slice and dice MDF on my table saw, and more to attend my fajita/Texas Hold-'em poker parties. I think he's coming to town today to join some of our local suspects and attend my concert http://www.asband.org.

Comment

• David Meek
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Classy move Mark. Hope you hang with us for a long time. Welcome.

Are you another native Texan?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• poneal

I didn't know you were speakerguy. Oh well learn something new every day. How's the DIY Texas thing coming? I'm still interested and have my 3.5 ways in a very nice listening state at the moment but changes could come after next week. No telling what I can come up with on two weeks off. Anyway, that was a cool apology. Everybody knows me as I am and knows I get hacked off easily like Evil Twin. I get over it pretty quickly though and a lot just depends on how emotional I am at that point in time. You have a good one.

Paul

Comment

• Amphiprion
                      • Apr 2006

Hey guys,

Thanks for the kind words, but let's not forget that I had to make this post because I originally behaved improperly. I hope I can live up to what is expected of me and how I should act regardless.

Hank,

The concert the other night was WONDERFUL! I'm not sure if it's because you guys are so good, or if it was the pain pills I've been on since my knee surgery, but I sure did enjoy the evening. Only in Austin can you get such wonderful symphonic music, in an outdoor venue, on the shore of the town's spring-fed swimming hole, with an audience sitting on a grassy hill on blankets and folding chairs, and about two dozen well-cared for canines roaming the hillside looking for treats from the picnickers. There was one couple, who unfortunately recently lost their dog of 13 years, who loved on Cali like I've never seen before. I think she got more of the cheese from their wine & cheese picnic than they did I really want to move back to Austin as soon as I can. It was a very nice evening.

Also, you should check out Hogan Hardwoods (previously Paxton's) if you haven't already. The prices now seem much more reasonable. I got that 8/4 brick or purpleheart for 6.18 a board foot, and a 4/4 plank of really good looking padauk for 5.79 a board foot. They also had baltic birch at an insanely low price ($34.34 for 5x5 .75"). Perhaps they are just trying to clear out Paxton's old inventory, but I should think they would have accomplished that by now.

David,

Yep, native Texan. Born in Dallas, raised in Bryan/College Station, educated in Austin.

Hey Paul,

Yeah, I really should change my moniker on this board so people can recognize me across other forums. Could one of the admins maybe change my user name to Amphiprion? That's what I post under on Madisound, Parts Express, AVS Forum, HTF, Home Theater Talk, etc. About the Texas DIY event, I've still only got about 20 names of interested parties. I need to hit up the other forums for interest since turnout for these things tends to be low based on travel, people's conflicting plans, etc. I think we're going to shoot for a date in October, scheduled around the RMAF and other meetings that are planned that time of year. From the current distribution of folks, it looks like it's going to end up in Austin or Houston. We have had one person in Houston volunteer the use of their place for groups of 12 people or less. If it gets bigger than that we'll have to find a new venue.

And who is this Evil Twin character? I'm both intrigued and a bit apprehensive...

Comment

• Amphiprion
                        • Apr 2006

I'm just click happy today...
                        Last edited by Amphiprion; 20 June 2006, 13:59 Tuesday. Reason: double post

Comment

• poneal

Houston or Austin is cool by me. Preferably Houston since I know my way around a bit better and it's a smidge closer. Takes me about 3 1/2 hours to get to Houston. I used to have some living relatives there, unfortunately, they passed away a few years back. Sounds like fun. Maybe we can talk to Darren at PE and some other distributors to come down and hand out door prizes? Who knows, maybe it will turn into a yearly event :T

Paul

Comment

• Lex
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Apr 2001

Your wish is my command, you are no longer Speakerguy, your now Amphiprion.

Admin
                            Doug

Comment

• Amphiprion
                              • Apr 2006

Thanks Lex. And it's good to talk to you again too. I kind of fell off the map after the whole Digital Theater incident. That crazy woman isn't a poster here, is she?

Comment

• Lex
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Apr 2001

oh man, DT, that does go back a ways. All woman I know are crazy, cept my Momma. But few post here. lol. No crazy woman after me these days.

I knew that I knew your name, but I couldn't place where from.

Doug
                                Doug

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"