X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palmtree
    • Apr 2006

Plexiglass window

This may seem kinda silly, but I have some plexiglass sitting around that is a full 1" thick. I got it from Whiteman Airforce Base. Who know's what they use if for but let me tell you this stuff is heavy. Anyway, I was thinkin it might be kinda neat to put a window in my sub enclosure so I can see it working in there. Or maybe just make an entire side out of the plexiglass (probably the back cause I might get tire of looking at it). Does anyone know if this is reasonable?
  • Amphiprion
    • Apr 2006

It'll work. I'd probably use it as a window, make a gasket for it and seal it against the wood.

Comment

• RobP
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

I have made several enclosures using thick plexi, you have to seal it with a rubber gasket and make sure that the surface that you mount it to is extra thick so you can secure it properly. Also when cutting or drilling holes in plexi you should use blades and drill bits made for plexi, if not you will crack it.
      Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"