X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ramonbet
    • Jun 2006

Sealed Box Designs with RSS315HF-4

Hello,

I'm new to this community and was looking for recommendation for a passive sub design using the Dayton RSS315HF-4 in a sealed box. Are there any succesful designs out there? I already have two of these speakers looking to build two cabinets.

I'm looking for a great transient response and will be counting on the room to help extend the low end.

Thank you
  • Mark Seaton
    • Aug 2001

What are the dimensions of your room? What sort of construction? Basement/concrete, main floor gyp/stud, lots of windows or none?

With just a little help from an outboard EQ, even the cheap BFD, that driver looks pretty well suited to what you are after.
    Mark Seaton
    "Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." - Daniel H. Burnham

Comment

• Marzen
      • Jul 2005

I have two flavors, a box Q of around .7 for maximally flat; and a .5 version for the critically damped. I built the second one. Both are single driver, sealed enclosures. If you're interested I can post either later this week after I get my pc back together.
      -Ward
      What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?

Comment

• ramonbet
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Mark Seaton
        What are the dimensions of your room? What sort of construction? Basement/concrete, main floor gyp/stud, lots of windows or none?.
        Mark, my room is the typical wood studs/sheetrock walls with a carpeted floor. It's on the lower level of the house with two 34" windows. The size is about 12'W x 20'L x 8'H.

My friend will build the same design, but his room will be slightly larger and the entire house is concrete.

[QUOTE=With just a little help from an outboard EQ, even the cheap BFD, that driver looks pretty well suited to what you are after?.[/QUOTE]

My friend and I will both use the Behringer DCX2496 electronic crossover. In my case, I will also add a DEQ2496 EQ/RTA to level out the frequency response. Both of us will use the sub enclosures as stands for our satellite speakers.

Thank you

Comment

• ramonbet
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Marzen
          I have two flavors, a box Q of around .7 for maximally flat; and a .5 version for the critically damped. I built the second one. Both are single driver, sealed enclosures. If you're interested I can post either later this week after I get my pc back together.
          -Ward
          Hello Marzen,

I'm interested in these designs, so please post them when you have a chance. Could you comment on how the one you built sounds?

Thank you

Comment

• MerlinWerks
            • Sep 2005

Second project down on this page...

Comment

• Marzen
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ramonbet
              Hello Marzen,

I'm interested in these designs, so please post them when you have a chance. Could you comment on how the one you built sounds?

Thank you
              Hi - you have a PM for the files.
              Ward

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
                • Aug 2001

Hey Ward...Strat?

Comment

• Marzen
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Jack Gilvey
                  Hey Ward...Strat?
                  Yes, my 'Vonnie' - American Std, mid 90's.

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
                    • Aug 2001

Ahh..I had me a mid/late-90's Am Standard, also. Lately I've gone Mexican with a Deluxe Players...best guitar I've owned.

Comment

• ramonbet
                      • Jun 2006

Thanks for the reference, MerlinWerks. I downloaded the info.

Ramon

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"