X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • md_gt
    • Jun 2006

No input signal to amp from receiver?

Newbie here, I originally posted this thread in the Audio Hideout section, but was referred to post here. Here's a link to that thread:

Newbie here, didn't know where to post this question. I recently purchased a Harman Kardon AVR240 as well as a Behringer EP1500 to power my subwoofer. I have connected them from the subwoofer pre-out on the receiver to the behringer input through a shielded male-to-male rca cable which connects to a 1/4" unbalanced mono

I recently purchased a Harman Kardon AVR240 as well as a Behringer EP1500 to power my subwoofer. I have connected them from the subwoofer pre-out on the receiver to the behringer input through a shielded male-to-male rca cable which connects to a 1/4" unbalanced mono jack adapter.

I've tried everything but I cannot get the EP1500 to receive a signal (the signal light doesn't even light up).

Any help/ideas would be appreciated.
    Last edited by theSven; 03 September 2023, 09:47 Sunday. Reason: Update url
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

I assume that "I tried everything" includes turnning the sub channel up?

More importantly, do you get sound out of the sub even though the light doesn't light up? Mine doesn't light up except when the levels are mild to high.
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• BobEllis
      Super Senior Member
      • Dec 2005

First make sure that you really have the sub amp cable plugged into the subwoofer output on the receiver. Been there, done that.

Is the gain on the Behringer turned up? (front panel)

Try a different RCA cable.

Then check that the receiver wants to send output to the sub - set your main speakers to small, be sure that your subwoofer setting is not "none" or something to that effect. Also ensure that the subwoofer level is not attenuated. Play some really bass heavy and see if it makes the sub amp light up.

failing that, Use your cable and plug your CD player into the Behringer - without a speaker connected. Does it recognize the signal?

Do you have a voltmeter? Send your receiver a signal around 30-40 Hz (try one of the many free software tone generators) plug your sub amp cable back into the receiver and and check that you are getting a signal between the sleeve and tip of the adapter.

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

There are some home audio devices that lack adequate the necessary drive voltage to run pro sound amps. If that's the case then you'll need to buy a line level shifting device.

Here a links to some
        Join your mismatched components with this Ebtech line level shifter. It converts balanced and unbalanced signals and eliminates hum.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• chasw98
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

Check the dip switches on the back of the EP1500 and make sure the lo cut filters are not engaged. Check all other settings while you're back there looking at it. Be careful when setting the switches. On & off on the switches do not correspond to on & off that the EP1500 uses. HTH.

Comment

• md_gt
            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by BobEllis
            Then check that the receiver wants to send output to the sub - set your main speakers to small, be sure that your subwoofer setting is not "none" or something to that effect. Also ensure that the subwoofer level is not attenuated. Play some really bass heavy and see if it makes the sub amp light up.
            That did it! The front speakers were set to large so I set them back to small and voila! Booming bass. Thanks for the speedy replies and help to all.

Comment

• chasw98
              Super Senior Member
              • Jan 2006

Some men in dark hoods will visit you one evening. Do not refuse their request.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"