X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

TC-Sounds gets serious... ;^)

Assembled speakers including a line array. Containing a component Jon might be familar with ....:wink:

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson
  • Amphiprion
    • Apr 2006

mkay, all other mfg's can now find another business, tc just owned them

Comment

• AJINFLA
      • Mar 2005

I find this far more exciting http://www.tcsounds.com.unixweb-7.ne...et/news_pa.htm

cheers,

AJ
      Manufacturer

Comment

• JoshK
        • Mar 2005

That 5100 Neo series looks pretty bad!

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by AJINFLA
          I find this far more exciting http://www.tcsounds.com.unixweb-7.ne...et/news_pa.htm
          cheers,
          AJ
          There's lot's of great looking new toys. I was just surprised to see assembled loudspeaker systems.

And yes the 'pro' designs with their Neo motors are very intriguing. The frame design is the one used for the original Stryke HE15.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• JohnL
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by AJINFLA
            Yeah, I'm with you there. I can't help but think something will be wrong with them (aside from the price). With a 4" VC the inductance is gonna have to be high. I can't imagine the power that thing is gonna have to make to have a high efficiency with aluminum cones. I wonder if they are putting any copper in the motor? I can't wait to see what they test like.

John

BTW, here are some 'spy' photos from TC sounds

Spy photos

Comment

• Mark Seaton
              • Aug 2001

Originally posted by ThomasW
              There's lot's of great looking new toys. I was just surprised to see assembled loudspeaker systems.

And yes the 'pro' designs with their Neo motors are very intriguing. The frame design is the one used for the original Stryke HE15.

That driver is an evolution/response from/to the original Aura 1808 drivers. BASSMAXX has used them or similar drivers at various times and the driver shown is used by WorxAudio in their big, vented pro-subs.

While I know there are various implementations, I know that some have been underhung, which does help keep the Le reasonable with a 4" VC that has lots of Xmax. Very interesting stuff.
              Mark Seaton
              "Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." - Daniel H. Burnham

Comment

• ThomasW
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Mark Seaton
                That driver is an evolution/response from/to the original Aura 1808 drivers.
                Good catch....:wink:

Here's a pic of the 1808 for the new kids that don't know want it is......

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• noah katz
                  • Dec 2005

But not quite bulletproof

------------------------------
                  Noah

Comment

• Amphiprion
                    • Apr 2006

Did Eclipse drop TC?

Comment

• ThomasW
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

But not quite bulletproof
                      That's just sick...

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
                        • Aug 2001

Nice stuff, it'll be interesting to see some real test results on them.

Comment

• AJINFLA
                          • Mar 2005

And yes the 'pro' designs with their Neo motors are very intriguing
                          Yes, the Neo motor is nice, but the combination of highish efficiency, high xmax and aluminum cone makes me believe that the speaker gods may be listening to my prayers. Pro units and pistonic cones = oil + water.. until now.
                          I had to search the ends of the earth to find a metal cone pro mid, but this gives me hope that we may be (finally) heading in the right direction for dynamic driver design.
                          If the recent rash of new coaxials weren't enough and now this. Very cool....for me at least :T

cheers,

AJ
                          Manufacturer

Comment

• WillyD
                            • Feb 2006

That's just sick...
                            :cry:

Indeed.

Comment

• noah katz
                              • Dec 2005

"

Indeed."

Why the sad face?

I guess deadpan humour doesn't work on the internet.
                              Noah

Comment

• AJINFLA
                                • Mar 2005

Why the sad face?
                                The price?

cheers,

AJ
                                Manufacturer

Comment

• WillyD
                                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by noah katz
                                  "

Indeed."

Why the sad face?

I guess deadpan humour doesn't work on the internet.
                                  lol, no. Just the sight of drivers with bulletholes makes me a little sad inside, thats all. :T

Comment

• noah katz
                                    • Dec 2005

ah, now I get you
                                    Noah

Comment

• ThomasW
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Aug 2000

That's no less than $1000 worth of Eclipse drivers...

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• TomK
                                        • Mar 2005

That's no less than $1000 worth of Eclipse drivers...

...now just a collection of "dead pans."

Comment

• Remotia
                                          • Jun 2006

Hey guys,

Those are our newest pro drivers, we recently increased the amount of neodymium in that motor by two fold for a lot more Bl product and efficiency, and yes, there is copper too, copper is your friend, inductance and flux modulations are always difficult problems when designing drivers, things we address constantly. Also (as of Monday) put a new voice coil inside that puppy. Yes, its under hung but it has a titanium former to eliminate resonance and eddy currents and it can take a great amount of heat without damage, three very common problems with coils, especially in high efficiency applications, and especially especially when you are horn loading a driver which this one can be used for. You would be amazed at what kind of anomalies are revealed in a horn loaded subwoofer.

Our new site is still in beta phase, I have already found a few spelling errors, and its embarrassing, I did the new site myself so I take the fall for that, I should have all the rest of the content in there within the next few weeks and it should be rock solid.

As far as line source goes, well I don’t want to give too much away, but as shown in the site, we will have 7+ foot tall neodymium ribbon tweeters inside that speaker. We will sell the tweeters on our site for DIY purposes, but I can’t give a timeline. But yes, these are 7 feet tall with no breaks, not individual ribbons. We will also have shorter and taller versions too.

The speaker in the picture is one of our prototypes, actually that’s a rendering of it I did in 3D Studio Max, but it looks the same as the original speaker which was not available for photography because the pair was stolen by our CEO. I gave Thilo crap the other day because he took it home and I kid you not.. The first movie he watched was Brokeback Mountain. I mean common, I would expect nothing less than Jurassic Park or Star Wars with special effects galore and he pops in the Brokeback DVD, lol.

Mark: I’m loving the renderings of the new BMF on the av123 forms, that thing looks to be downright awesome and I'd love to own one. Best of luck!

-Kyle @ TC
                                          Kyle
                                          TC Sounds

Comment

• Remotia
                                            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Mark Seaton
                                            That driver is an evolution/response from/to the original Aura 1808 drivers. BASSMAXX has used them or similar drivers at various times and the driver shown is used by WorxAudio in their big, vented pro-subs.

While I know there are various implementations, I know that some have been underhung, which does help keep the Le reasonable with a 4" VC that has lots of Xmax. Very interesting stuff.
                                            worx is a bit different, can't really talk about it, but I love that speaker.

Kyle
                                            TC Sounds

Comment

• noah katz
                                              • Dec 2005

Very impressive description, but where are the spec's?
                                              Noah

Comment

• Mark Seaton
                                                • Aug 2001

They (WorxAudio) only sell the driver in completed, pro-sound cabinets, so for them, the specs don't matter much other than what it does in-box.
                                                Mark Seaton
                                                "Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." - Daniel H. Burnham

Comment

• JohnL
                                                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Remotia
                                                  Those are our newest pro drivers, we recently increased the amount of neodymium in that motor by two fold for a lot more Bl product and efficiency, and yes, there is copper too, copper is your friend, inductance and flux modulations are always difficult problems when designing drivers, things we address constantly. Also (as of Monday) put a new voice coil inside that puppy. Yes, its under hung but it has a titanium former to eliminate resonance and eddy currents and it can take a great amount of heat without damage, three very common problems with coils, especially in high efficiency applications, and especially especially when you are horn loading a driver which this one can be used for. You would be amazed at what kind of anomalies are revealed in a horn loaded subwoofer.
                                                  I love it, I can deal with the price if you're making something outstanding. This sounds outstanding. :T What kind of efficiency neighborhood are you in?

Our new site is still in beta phase, I have already found a few spelling errors, and its embarrassing, I did the new site myself so I take the fall for that, I should have all the rest of the content in there within the next few weeks and it should be rock solid.
                                                  Hehe... saw a few typos. I figured you guys were up late doing the site.

The speaker in the picture is one of our prototypes, actually that’s a rendering of it I did in 3D Studio Max, but it looks the same as the original speaker which was not available for photography because the pair was stolen by our CEO. I gave Thilo crap the other day because he took it home and I kid you not.. The first movie he watched was Brokeback Mountain. I mean common, I would expect nothing less than Jurassic Park or Star Wars with special effects galore and he pops in the Brokeback DVD, lol.
                                                  I never pictured Thilo as a 'cowboy', but he probably looks great in chaps. :B

Good luck on the new lines.

Comment

• Amphiprion
                                                    • Apr 2006

I am most excited about their higher efficiency LMS drivers that will be coming out, their pro drivers, and their upcoming line of passive radiators (as confirmed by a TC rep on avs).

Comment

• Greybeard191
                                                      • Jan 2005

-Kyle @ TC
                                                      The PA3200 listed power handling as 1K to 20K... that should be REALLY loud

GB

Comment

• kfr01
                                                        • Jan 2006

Patented?

On this page:

http://www.tcsounds.com.unixweb-7.n.../tcproducts.htm

Text reads:

"Our brand new LMS Series subwoofers take advantage our or new and unrivaled patented linear motor technology."

Is this technology really patented, or just patent-pending? If the later, this should be made clear.

Naultilus (the exercise machine company) was recently held liable for false advertising when it claimed a part was "patented," when it was not:

The patent law providing for fines for false advertising and marking:

I'm not a lawyer, but a technical guy with a pet peeve for incorrect patent advertising.
                                                        Last edited by ThomasW; 08 June 2006, 12:00 Thursday.
                                                        Karl
                                                        My Chain: PC Audio (EAC + FLAC) --> USB --> PS Audio Digital Link III USB DAC --> Exodus XLR's -->
                                                        Parasound Halo P3 --> Exodus XLR's --> Parasound HCA3500 --> Custom Exodus Audio 2641 Speakers

Comment

• oxcartdriver
                                                          • Apr 2006

From the TC sounds web site:
                                                          The LMS-4000 borrows our robust TC9 motor and takes advantage of our new and revolutionary Linear Motor System technology (Pat. Pend.)

Comment

• ThomasW
                                                            Moderator Emeritus
                                                            • Aug 2000

I'm not a lawyer, but a technical guy with a pet peeve for incorrect patent advertising.
                                                            Karl,

Pet peeve or not, email or PM's are the proper method for addressing this type of question...

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
                                                              • Aug 2001

I'm trying to model the TC-1000 12" SVC but the Unibox-derived specs don't jive with what they list, it also appears to need a huge box for maximally flat. Can someone check it for me? This is what i got from their page:

12" TC-1000 SVC
                                                              Qts 0.470
                                                              Qes 0.515
                                                              Qms 5.308
                                                              Fs 20hz
                                                              Res 4.25Ω
                                                              Ls 2.05mH
                                                              Lp 1.85mH
                                                              Rp 2.36Ω
                                                              Dia 250mm
                                                              Vas 267l
                                                              mms 140g
                                                              cms 350m/N
                                                              bl 13.6T*m
                                                              Spl 86.1dB

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
                                                                • Aug 2001

This driver is the ideal candidate for anyone looking for powerful clean bass with suburb quality for either the home or mobile environment.
                                                                I wonder if the inner-city model is tougher...

Comment

• Mark Seaton
                                                                  • Aug 2001

Do note that Cms should be 350um/N, or 0.35mm/N. They forgot a micro prefix.

I haven't modeled that driver yet so can't comment on much more.
                                                                  Mark Seaton

Comment

• WillyD
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jack Gilvey
                                                                    I'm trying to model the TC-1000 12" SVC but the Unibox-derived specs don't jive with what they list, it also appears to need a huge box for maximally flat. Can someone check it for me? This is what i got from their page:

12" TC-1000 SVC
                                                                    Qts 0.470
                                                                    Qes 0.515
                                                                    Qms 5.308
                                                                    Fs 20hz
                                                                    Res 4.25Ω
                                                                    Ls 2.05mH
                                                                    Lp 1.85mH
                                                                    Rp 2.36Ω
                                                                    Dia 250mm
                                                                    Vas 267l
                                                                    mms 140g
                                                                    cms 350m/N
                                                                    bl 13.6T*m
                                                                    Spl 86.1dB

http://www.tcsounds.com/tc1000.htm
                                                                    I was having the same problem with that 12" TC-1000 in unibox. It was suggesting a 6ft^3 box for a Qtc of .7, IIRC.

Comment

• Dennis H
                                                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                                                      • Aug 2002

The Vas and Cms aren't internally consistent, even with the missing micro character. I suspect the Vas is way too big, which would give you too big a box, but who knows?

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Aug 2001

Yeah, Vas might be the culprit, we'll see what TC says. It came up in this thread from their forum , and they were going to look into it.

While we're here, what's the difference between Res and Rp, and between Ls and Lp?

Comment

• Hank
                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                          • Jul 2002
                                                                          • 1345

we will have 7+ foot tall neodymium ribbon tweeters inside that speaker. We will sell the tweeters on our site for DIY purposes, but I can’t give a timeline. But yes, these are 7 feet tall with no breaks, not individual ribbons. We will also have shorter and taller versions too.
                                                                          THAT got my attention :B How will the pricing compare to the B-G's sold by Parts Express?

Interesting sub drivers - should be some good IB applications in that lineup.

Comment

• Dennis H
                                                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                                                            • Aug 2002
                                                                            • 3798

Originally posted by Hank
                                                                            THAT got my attention :B How will the pricing compare to the B-G's sold by Parts Express?
                                                                            Yup, that's quite a teaser. Everyone wishes they could buy the long Maggie true ribbons but they aren't for sale.

Comment

• Scott Simonian
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • Nov 2004
                                                                              • 216

#39
                                                                              A much needed...bump.
                                                                              My Sound Splinter 18's each in 25cuft boxes w/ EP2500

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
                                                                                Senior Member
                                                                                • Aug 2001
                                                                                • 510

#40
                                                                                Well, since it's bumped, I did get a response on those specs for the TC1000 12" SVC and it was the Vas that was off:

Qts = 0.470 Total Q
                                                                                Qes = 0.515 Electrical Q
                                                                                Qms = 5.308 Mechanical Q
                                                                                Fs = 20.702 Hertz, Free Air Resonance
                                                                                Res = 4.235 Ohms, DC resistance
                                                                                Ls = 2.043m H, series inductance
                                                                                Lp = 1.844m H, lossy series inductance
                                                                                Rp = 2.374 Ohms, loss across Lp
                                                                                Dia = 250m meters, effective
                                                                                (%shift) 33.8 %, resonance with mass
                                                                                Vas = 118.5 litres, air volume equivalent
                                                                                mms = 168.6 grams, effective mass
                                                                                cms = 350.3u m/N, compliance
                                                                                bl = 13.42 T*m, motor strength
                                                                                n0 = 196.2m %, max efficiency
                                                                                SplSens = 84.92 dBSPL max @1W absorbed
                                                                                (Added mass) 219 grams

Comment

Working...
                                                                                Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                Search Result for "|||"