X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nodiak
    • May 2006

Tweeter/panel resonance. Explanations?

Hi , first post here. I have questions about systems too but I wanted to ask if anyone here could help explain what is going on in this video. I think some of you have seen it as it's been on Madisound forum. It may be an old issue.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

It's apparently a thin metal sheet to excite resonances from the tweeter or widerange driver, salt used to show the patterns. Is it only vibrations/resonances from the driver through the sheet, via physical coupling? Maybe they adjusted coupling to get best effect? Do frontwaves have any effect on making the patterns? What interesting patterns per frequency! It would seem both the Fs of the sheet and the FR of the driver effect the results, seems stronger resonances chaging the patterns at certain frequencies.
    And how does it relate to our audio speaker systems.
    Just a few light questions for a first post!

Don
  • nodiak
    • May 2006

Chladni Plates

Someone on Decware forum posted this link in response to the video.

Interesting stuff.

Don

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"