X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dawg1161
    • May 2006

cabinet size for quatro 15" and bash300 watt amp

hello to all again, i just received my quatro 15" sub and bash 300 watt amp and now i need to build a cabinet for them. i have searched the threads and most people who have asked about did not already have the equipment and the thread seemed to move towards other speakers. i have looked at the sealed design on p.e. and was wondering does that design take into effect for the plate amp in their volume? well i really don't have too much size restraint as i could go with a 24" cube. i can build one pretty easy i just need the demensions of a box. i do want it to be sealed unless i can be swayed towards ported? thank you all for any help.
  • gimpy
    • Sep 2004

I think it comes with plans for a "sealed" enclosure, doesn't it? Anyway, I went with a 20 inch sealed cubed box. I figure (guessing) that it is about 3 cubic feet. I doubled the front baffle and put in a couple of braces. I have the 240 watt amp with mine.

It worked fine for me until about a month or so ago. There is now a rattling/loose noise in it when it goes down low. Also my 6 month old put a hole in the surround rubber piece about that time (6 mo. old puppy dog, that is). I was hoping that the hole was responsible for the noise, but I have just repaired the hole the other day and the noise is still there. So, I am planning on pulling the woofer out today/tomorrow hopefully and seeing if I can locate the cause. Someone has suggested the spider might be cracked. Have my fingers crossed hoping that it is something very minor.

Frank

Comment

• dawg1161
      • May 2006

thank you for the reply, i will check out my box further for that design. i have downloaded the design from p.e. but my question was did that design allow for the plate amp for the required internal cubic ft. or should i also just add around a 1/2 inch in depth to the measurements? i do hope that you find something minor as i have also had the same disaster with my madisound 10"dvc but with a child and a pencil (man that was a nice sub) i now use a mesh grill it give alittle more protection?

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

If PE did it's homework all you need to do is copy their plans. If you have a question about the plans you should ask tech support at PE

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• dawg1161
          • May 2006

okay then i guess you can close this thread. thanks alot.

Comment

• Brian Bunge
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2001

That amp takes up so little volume that you shouldn't have to worry about it at all.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"