Any reason not to have screws in internal braces?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonW
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Any reason not to have screws in internal braces?

For inside my speakers, I'll be making some braces to both hold the PVC port pipe as well as to try and cut down on some cabinet resonances. I'll glue the brace pieces together. And then glue the cabinet sides to the braces. That's the plan, at least. (I've never done any of this before.) I was thinking that it might be a little easier to put together the braces if I can screw the pieces together, in addition to using glue. Any reason it's bad to have screws in there? I'd think it would be OK, but thought I'd ask ahead of time. Never seen anyone do that before. Thanks.

-Jon
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Nothing wrong with using screws. I'm lazy so I use a brad nailer, and or hot glue as 'clamps' until the real glue dries.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• JonW
      Super Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

Thanks. That's what I figured but thought I'd ask. :T

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Well, if you're asking rhetorical questions the price per answer doubles... :W

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• JonW
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

How much do you charge for:
          "What's the meaning of life?"
          "Why are we all here?"
          :P

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"