X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BURRometer
    • Mar 2006

Mark K's RS225/RS28a Questions...

Given my limited experience with speaker design leaving me practically ignorant on the subject, I'm after some help.

With Marks Crossover Design how close could I place the drivers together? I'm hoping for something similar to the Modula MT placement on a baffle which is angled back 7deg.

Also would anyone have any suggestions with component selection or how to reduce the BSC or...... would I be better off spending the extra money and use the M8ta crossover?

Thanks again,
    -Frank
  • joecarrow
    • Apr 2005

I don't think there's any problem from placing the tweeter and woofer too close together.

However, I think that using a sloped baffle with a crossover that wasn't designed with that in mind would be "non-optimal". Many of the designs on this board (and I think Mark's is one of them) are designed with driver mounting depth and distance of acoustic centers accounted for. Angling the baffle would change that, and the design wouldn't be the same.

Maybe Mark's around, and could comment on how sensitive it is in this case?
    -Joe Carrow

Comment

• AJINFLA
      • Mar 2005

Mark's xo is designed specifically for the baffle - and the drivers placement on that baffle - from his design. Change it to your own detriment.
      Not sure what sloping 7 deg will accomplish. The drivers are non-coincident and cannot be time aligned. Your head is too big to exist in a single point in space . Don't worry, my head is the same size. Never likes to be held in a vice either :B .

cheers,

AJ
      Manufacturer

Comment

• BURRometer
        • Mar 2006

The box I built is 10" wide (which is too narrow for the M8ta crossover) and 40 high. The 7 deg tilt was an aesthetic choice and time alignment was not something I was trying to achieve. With tight driver spacing I was hoping to minimize any T/A error the angled baffle would create. In the Modula MT thread Jon mentioned that its crossover would work fine on an angled baffle (yes, totally different design from Marks) so I took a chance.

ahh if only I chose to stick with a proven design. At least now I have an excuse should I develop an eye twitch :W

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"