X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tgdrums1990
    • May 2006

LSPCad Help

Well i have recived this program but am about the most non-resourcefull internet user out their. I am just wondering if anybody has a step by step instructin manaul to build a simple two way crossover. I have looked and read the help guide but i really didnt pick up much. It was no help. So turn to you guys. So if anybody has any instructions out their. Sned the to me!!!
    Thanks in advance...
  • tgdrums1990
    • May 2006

Help

Dose anybody have a step by step instruction manaul. I have read help guide that came with it but it wasent much help if any. Still dont know who to load the drivers... I do have spl trace. I just need help tieing everything together...

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

The best resource on the LspCAD site is the tutorial using the Ugly Duckling project. However, it was done mostly around the version 5. Version 6 has much different schematic editor, but many other principles are the same.

The way you "load" your drivers is to place the driver icon in the schematic, then to right click on the driver element to bring up the properties dialong pane, there's a whole bunch of stuff, including relative positioning, pistonic radiating diameter, and dialogs to load up SPL and impedance files, and to add weighting/offset factors or smoothing if you like. I'll post more later, at work now.
      the AudioWorx
      Natalie P
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• tgdrums1990
        • May 2006

OKay well I did some playing around with the programand have figured out that I can only mess with the driver when it is in simulate mode and i have to have the compnents shown. How do i go about changing the components. Can i also use clio measurments with lspcad?

Comment

• JonMarsh
          Mad Max Moderator
          • Aug 2000

Yes, you can use CLIO measurements just fine. The text format for CLIO, Praxis, and FRD data is pretty much identical.

I haven't looked at the LspCAD manual in years- there's newer versions, plus an LspCAD 6 specific tutorial. Setting up driver data is described in the manual quite well in pages 28-31.

LspCAD is a sophisticated tool, capable of doing many things. Unfortunately for the initial learning curve, flexibility means some complexity. Ingemar has done a pretty good job of sheilding stuff you don't need from you until you do need it, but that can only go so far. There's really no substitute for taking a good read through the manual and the tutorial, with the software running and trying out what he describes for yourself.

Changing the components is done from the simulate mode, and is also described in the manual- click in the value field, then you can use the up and down arrow to change the value. Hold down the control key to speek up the change. The default is to use standard component value steps- like 22, 27, 33, 36, etc, but that can be turned off in the settings menu.

The manual is your friend... curl up with it and the relaxing beverage of your choice. it will be time well spent.
          the AudioWorx
          Natalie P
          M8ta
          Modula Neo DCC
          Modula MT XE
          Modula Xtreme
          Isiris
          Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
          Minerva Monitor
          Calliope
          Ardent D

In Development...
          Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
          Obi-Wan
          Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
          Modula PWB
          Calliope CC Supreme
          Natalie P Ultra
          Natalie P Supreme
          Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
          Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• tgdrums1990
            • May 2006

Okay well i have figured out how to make simple crossovers with this program. I would like to know how to clean up a driver's responce using components. Thanks a mil for your help...

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"