X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dn2B1st
    • Apr 2006

Sono Tube Towers

Hello everyone,
    I am new to the forum, and have enjoyed reading about all the projects everyone has been sharing. I read through alot of post about Sono subs and then dove into building one. Now I am wondering if anyone has built mains out of sonotube to match their sub. Or what the opions of such an endeavor might be. Positives of, Negitives? Lets say we cap total cost at $500.
    What would you build?
    Thanks,

Dn2B1st
    Aberdeen, Wa
  • SteveCallas
    • Aug 2005

I did the same thing and asked the same question a while back - the resounding answer was that it's a bad idea. I was pretty adament about it too, but that just led to people giving me more and more reasons why it was such a bad idea :B Eventually I realized it was indeed a pretty bad idea.

Comment

• Dn2B1st
      • Apr 2006

Hey Steve, thanks for the reply. So now that I have scraped that idea I still need to come up with with a design for towers while the warden still has the prject in the buget. Her only demand is that they be tall like the sono sub
      and that they match. I am open to any and all ideas.

Joe

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

How tall is your sonosub? There are 2 RS 3 Ways one is 42" tall the other is 50" tall.

Comment

• Mazeroth
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Dn2B1st
          Her only demand is that they be tall like the sono sub
          I only have one suggestion for you. KEEP HER! :T
          Last edited by Mazeroth; 16 May 2006, 14:24 Tuesday.

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

A decade or so ago I built a massive WMTMW using a 16" tube as the form. Over the top I laminated alternating layers of 1/16th lead and 3/8" bender board. The tubes were so tight they literally 'rang' like a bell. I don't know if I have any pictures, when I get back into town I'll check my archived pics.

The primary problem is getting a good attachment for the baffle.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Dn2B1st
              • Apr 2006

Dougie
              The sono sub is just over 56" tall. So I can curently get away with just about anything that sounds like a winner. Now skills wise may be another issue.

Keep Her, damn right I'm gonna keep her LOL.

Thomas, thanks again for the advice on the sono sub, gonna dump the alphasonik and get an SS. Or maybe just get an SS and build another. I like the way the Alphasonik sounds.

Headed to LA tonight so will try to get pics up when I get back.
              Thanks for all the advice, and ideas gents.

Joe

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"