X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • artmaster
    • May 2005

my "Snakes" & Monacor SP-200X

gday!
    TQWP almost done. some decoration will make latter.
    quality - so-so. hi range not enough and I have to make plane middle range .... but I'm happy
    Attached Files
  • TacoD
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2004

Nice finish, is that sub from "real" marble? And I think it's a good idea to add a tweeter .

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

I believe those are full range drivers. Ive seen somthing simaler with a Creative or Ascendant full range or somthing like that. The ones with the copper phase plug.

Comment

• artmaster
        • May 2005

Originally posted by TacoD
        Nice finish, is that sub from "real" marble? And I think it's a good idea to add a tweeter .
        that's right. it's absolutly real marble - Carrara from Italy.
        I'm always made marble loudspeaker. it's my business.
        but now I want to build TQWP. first attempt.

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

How well does the marble work? and whats the cost on somthing like those book shelf speakers? The enclosure alone of course? not really interested in purchaseing just curious what it costs to do somthing like that :B

Comment

• artmaster
            • May 2005

marble - has ideal damping factor. so - it's working ok most expensive loudspeaker always made by marble. it's not expensive a lot. should you plan to do it by wood - you have to spend about $200-400. marble - the same. I'm sure you'll be able to find stone makers into yout city. ask them about marble 3/4" for box 20"x20"x20".
            and do not forget aesthetics of view. it's incomparable. isn't it? or do you want to do loudspeaker made by the rest of furniture, or other sawdust?

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

Just seems like getting a piece of marble cut like that would cost some money

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"