X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matt12v
    • Mar 2006

2.5 dipole design

Hello all, I am new to this forum This place has been a great weath of knowledge for me. I was just contemplating a few things as I am experimenting with different dipole designs. Ever since I heard one of these designs it has ignited my old speakerbuilding interests all over again. I am wondering if anybody has ever experimented with a 2.5 dipole design with TM on a baffle and the other .5 M in an enclosure of sorts? Would this help with the premature rolloff in the lower frequency resonse? Would it cause a phase problem or maybe it just defeats the whole purpose of dipole? :takecover:
    Last edited by matt12v; 05 May 2006, 22:24 Friday.
  • Paul H
    • Feb 2004

A couple of quick thoughts ..

With two of the same drivers but only 1 dipole, the dipole portion will be more directional than the other.

You won't effectively have two identical drivers at the crossover frequency, so they probably wouldn't pair very well.

Paul

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"