X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BURRometer
    • Mar 2006

Rs225 Mtm

Hours have been spent searching the forum but haven’t seen any designs for a MTM or TMM using the RS225? Has anyone seen or heard about one?

I've nearly completed a tower version of Mark Ks RS225 MT and managed to sell a friend on the Modula MT. The DIY has taken a hold of me and I'm itching for more! :twisted:

-Frank
  • opt-e
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by BURRometer
    Hours have been spent searching the forum but haven’t seen any designs for a MTM or TMM using the RS225? Has anyone seen or heard about one?

I've nearly completed a tower version of Mark Ks RS225 MT and managed to sell a friend on the Modula MT. The DIY has taken a hold of me and I'm itching for more! :twisted:
    Hello from a fellow Vancouverite! Where exactly do you live? I'm in Coquitlam.

Haha... DIY audio is a friggen disease xx) :B I'm in the process of building Natalie P's. I haven't even finished them and I've already ordered parts for dual 12" Dayton RS subs and a pair of RS150/RS28A MT's.

Comment

• Rene D
      • Mar 2006

Looks like a Vancouver DIY forum

I have a single RS225 sitting around right now planned for my Center channel. I plan on having it match my mains.

Just waiting till I get some time off work to get started on it. With any luck it'll be before the olympics ;x(

Comment

• BobEllis
        Super Senior Member
        • Dec 2005

I see someone else likes zebra wood, too. Nice job.

For a real DIY addict example, I have an RS225 project in the works that is patterned after the Linkwitz Phoenix, except that it will use a waveguide on the tweeter. DIY preamp to Active XO, feeding DIY amps. It'll be a while, though. One of these days I'll do a DIY DAC, too.

Comment

• opt-e
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Rene D
          Wow, those are beauties! :T
          What drivers are you using in 'em?

Comment

• WillyD
            • Feb 2006

Oooo..yes, please give us more info Rene D.

Comment

• michael stevene
              • Jan 2006

to rudy d

hello,
              can you give the location of the braces?
              thanks,
              michael stevener

Comment

• joecarrow
                • Apr 2005

Part of the problem with an MTM with the RS225 is- what tweeter do you use? The RS225 needs to be crossed low, and a pair of them would be capable of some high SPL. You'd probably need a waveguide, or even a horn, to get something to keep up at the crossover point.
                -Joe Carrow

Comment

• BobEllis
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Dec 2005

I'm going to start with a 27TDFC in a waveguide crossed at 1,200 Hz. with a psuedo 8th order Cauer filter. If that doesn't cut it, I'll throw in a Millenium and cross at 1,000 Hz. The waveguide will have to be somewhat bigger than the MCM one that Zaph used to get down to 1200 Hz.

Comment

• Rene D
                    • Mar 2006

Morel MDT-39, Vifa P13WH and Vifa M26WR-09. Have a friend of mine doing the X-over for me. Looking for some where around 300/2.2K.
                    the center channel I have planned in going to use the RS225, MDM55 and MDT-39

Don't mind the picture of the tweeter, It had a little "accident". But since then it's recovered just fine with a new dome.

Comment

• BURRometer
                      • Mar 2006

Opt-e-
                      At some point today I’ll be moving into a new appt. near Granville and Broadway. One more step closer to those beaches. :T

Originally posted by joecarrow
                      Part of the problem with an MTM with the RS225 is- what tweeter do you use? The RS225 needs to be crossed low, and a pair of them would be capable of some high SPL. You'd probably need a waveguide, or even a horn, to get something to keep up at the crossover point.
                      That’s what I was afraid of. Do you think a 2.5 design could work with a RS28 or TDFC?

The Tower RS225MT I'm working on will initially be a ported box. I'm toying with the idea of leaving access to eventually close off one of the shelve braces and add a sealed RSS265HF to fill in the bottom. I’ll listen and see… (any thoughts on this?)

Bob, you’ve got a serious DIY rash happening there. I can’t wait to see more of your Linkwitz Phoenix rendition.

Comment

• Rene D
                        • Mar 2006

great area to move, a TAD on the pricey side I'd say. But at least you're wth in spitting distance of Granville island. and *cough* speaker city. a good source of parts if you need them right now.

Personly, as chef Granville island market will cost me ten times more than speakers would ina month.

Comment

• BobEllis
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by BURRometer
                          Opt-e-
                          Bob, you’ve got a serious DIY rash happening there. I can’t wait to see more of your Linkwitz Phoenix rendition.
                          Yep, if only I didn't have to work I'd have almost enough time to properly scratch it.

Comment

• cotdt
                            • Oct 2005

You wouldn't sacrifice much by using a 2" midtweeter like the Tangband W2-880, it can easily cross over at 800Hz and is smooth as silk. I think it's worth trying. Fostex also makes a 33mm dome tweeter that is supposed to be able to cross very low (they state above 900Hz is fine). If using a dedicated tweeter, I'm not sure how large waveguides would work in an MTM with a very low crossover point.

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"