X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poneal
    • May 2024

"Aegis" 3 way first listening impressions

Well, I tried 3 different xovers so far and this last one sounds real close. Boy that MDM-55 is a bugger to work with. There is no way the Angel Fire PE project in the project showcase can sound good with a crossover like that--just no way. So bass is stomping of course. Deep, tight, and distortion free. The midrange is just absolutely marvelous. Very spacious and open. I like the Seas 22TAF/G a lot. Much better to my ears than the RS28. I've still got a lot of work to do but so far I love what I hear. This is definitely a winner combination of drivers. Very hard to model but well worth the effort. I LOVE IT!!!
    Cheers, Paul

• David G
    • Jan 2005

I guess now you're realising why mid domes are not that popular. They can be real buggers to work with because of their limited bandwidth. But they do have a certain special something.

Comment

• poneal

Yea, it is a bugger. I'm still working on it but I love the sound it provides. To be honest this was the sound I've been searching for. I'm in school for a weeek, so no more work on the xover for a week. I've got some diffraction issues with the grill that some felt may help out. But the sound is solid. I'm pretty excited about the sound. Well, class is starting. Cheers, Paul.

Comment

• cjd
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Dec 2004

You might be pleasantly surprised at what Felt will do for you. I certainly hope so!

Looking good.

Fun working on stuff like this, isn't it?

C
        diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"