X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by plincoln
    lookin' sharp. I'm thinking those may require some mechanical fastener to keep them in place when the IB is hoppin' ... something as simple as velcro might do the trick....
    Good idea. Velcro will damp the vibrations and not rattle like the standard ball-in-socket grill fasteners.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• kgveteran
      • Oct 2005

lookin' sharp. I'm thinking those may require some mechanical fastener to keep them in place when the IB is hoppin' ... something as simple as velcro might do the trick....
      :B Sounds like a plan :B
      Here is my LCR "Trio". Way to go guys !

Comment

• plincoln
        • May 2006

Originally posted by kgveteran
        :B Sounds like a plan :B
        I got a bunch left over from a previous project...I will try to remember to dig it out and bring it along on saturday...
        Stuff for Sale/Trade

Comment

• kgveteran
          • Oct 2005

I got a bunch left over from a previous project...I will try to remember to dig it out and bring it along on saturday...
          Cool. thanx

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Did you ever finish fine tuning this and what not? Whats it like? I wish I had a house that I could do an IB in but I'm still apartment living .

Comment

• kgveteran
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Dougie085
              Did you ever finish fine tuning this and what not? Whats it like? I wish I had a house that I could do an IB in but I'm still apartment living .
              We ended up with one filter to quell a rise and I'm not sure where it was.There is a mild dip from 25hz to 18hz, but there is a little room gain bonus down there.

To sum it up, the system kills.His total investment including the Sony 55" RPTV was 5,000.00 . The pod race scene was a blast and WOTW left me wanting little more in the bass dept( i think I meant to say it flew through the first fifteen minute with little trouble).The subs have tons of headroom, so the weak link in his system is the receiver, then the rear surrounds.If he had a six channel amp and use the Yamaha as a preamp the only thing left to upgrade would be the rear in ceiling surrounds.I'd like to ceiling mount three Ascend 340se's.

I wanted to start a business as an installer, but as time went by I found more interest in the tweaking of the system to get it right.

KG

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"