X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdybnis
    • Dec 2004

Aluminum Honeycomb Panel Group Buy?

Is aluminum honeycomb plate of interest to you guys? I'm in Gaungzhou, China at an export trade fair. There is a manufacturer of aluminum honeycomb sandwich plate (mmmmm....honeycomb sandwich) called Bolliya. The pricing is a fraction of mcmastercarr.com.

They sell 4'x8' sheets in thickness ranging 6mm-25mm, price range 56.25-85 USD per sq.meter depending on the thickness. Specs on the 25mm plate are: weight 7.8kg/sq.m, rigidity 22.17KNsq.m/m, section modulus 24cu.cm/m.

I don't think minimum order size is a problem. The manufacturers here seem willing to sell "samples" during the fair. I don't know shipping cost. I'll enquire how much putting them on the proverbial slow boat would be if there is interest.
    Last edited by jdybnis; 15 April 2006, 12:30 Saturday.
    -Josh
  • posix
    • Feb 2005

there's your chance to experiment with carbon and alu honeycomb sandwich instead of ceramic tiles guys! and you'll never beat this combo for stiffness. not with todays technology anyway.

Comment

• joecarrow
      • Apr 2005

Yeah, man! Some of this with a neodymium driver, and you could make a "Backpacker's subwoofer" :B

If you can get a piece of the 25 mm variety in a square shape 60 cm on a side shipped to the San Francisco area for less than $60, please let me know! This would not be for a speaker project.

Posix- I think I finally got it in my head that rigidity is good, but damping is better. At least, that's how the nummbers come out on my budget.
      -Joe Carrow

Comment

• jdybnis
        • Dec 2004

Looks like a no-go. I only got one request other than Joe's above.
        -Josh

Comment

• cjd
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Dec 2004

I thought of a million things I would love to play with it for, and promptly realized they would never happen... :| I just do not have the proper facilities or equipment.

C
          diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"