SS RL-p15 to Canada - Total price to door???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Newfiestang50
    • Mar 2006

SS RL-p15 to Canada - Total price to door???

Hello guys, just wondering if anyone has ordered this driver and had it delivered to Canada and if so what was the cost including taxes, shipping, duty and any other fees that I never mentioned.

I requested a quote from SS and Mike came back with $269 US + $54 US for shipping but I know from other experiences that there are other fees but its been a while and I don't remember what I paid. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Paul H
    • Feb 2004

Get it shipped by US Post if possible - if you can they forward through Canada Post and you'll get charged only $5 for customs clearing. You will have to pay the usual provincial/federal taxes (ie HST) upon pickup - the same taxes you would pay at any local store.

There haven't been any government duties or customs charges on any of the numerous purchases for speaker building that I've made from the states in the past couple of years - the only 'border charges' have been from the courier companies.

Paul

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Bent ordered 2 from Kyle at Acoustic-Visions. Don't have a clue what he paid.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Kyle Richardson
        • Aug 2000

The shipping amount quoted sound right. Its best to pay the extra and have FedEx or UPS ship it instead of parcel post because the postal service is murder on sub drivers - especially to Canada.

Comment

• Bent
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2003

the postal service is murder on sub drivers
          Well, my opinion about UPS is well known - in spite of their excellent insurance policy.

one of my RL-p's was from Kyle, one was from Mike (somehow the one from Kyle was a lot cheaper after duties and taxes)

worst case, it seems it was about 410 dollars CDN landed cost after taxes duties and brokerage from Mike via Fed-Ex and about 350 CDN from Kyle (I think Fed Ex missed something on the shipment from Kyle, which would explain the difference - you pays your money, you takes your chances).

Comment

• Bent
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2003

I checked my brokerage/tax invoice, there was about 80 dollars in GST, PSt and brokerage in total.

Comment

• Newfiestang50
              • Mar 2006

Thanks guys for the quick response. By the way, who is Kyle and how do I contact them/him?

Comment

• Bent
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2003

Kyle

PM him, or look up www.acoustic-visions.com

Comment

• Red Bastard
                  • Mar 2006

FYI, for everybody else in other countries, Acoustic Visions will not ship outside the US (except Canada which I guess is just part of the US now )

If you want a SS driver you will need to go through Mike at Sound Splinter
                  direct.

Chris

EDIT by moderator for inappropriate political content. This is your only warning. If you can't stay on topic you won't be posting on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"