X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poneal
    • May 2024

Aegis 3.5 Way **PIC**

Boy am I tired. I still need to add a brace between the two woofers and foam, etc but should be ready to do some measurements next weekend. Cheers, Paul.

• JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

You've been busy, Paul....

And I'm sure that's a good kind of tired your feeling- the result of solid accomplishment!

Maybe I'll have a little of that feeling in a couple of weeks.

What drivers are going to be filling those holes in the baffles? Would there be a Morel Midrange in that mix?
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Jed
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Apr 2005

Looking good! :T

Comment

• poneal

Originally posted by JonMarsh
        And I'm sure that's a good kind of tired your feeling- the result of solid accomplishment!

Maybe I'll have a little of that feeling in a couple of weeks.

What drivers are going to be filling those holes in the baffles? Would there be a Morel Midrange in that mix?
        Yup that's an MDM-55 mid-tweeter, dual RS225s in parallel, and a Seas 27TAF/G 3/4" metal dome tweeter. I couldn't cut the port hole until that new PE 4" outer flange comes in. They don't have measurements for it up yet, and it doesn't arrive until mid-week. That will give me time to make sure it's all sealed up nice and tight, put that other brace in, foam the walls, sand, make everything flush, etc. Still a lot of work but it's getting closer to the point I can measure.

Comment

• Jed
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by poneal
          Yup that's an MDM-55 mid-tweeter, dual RS225s in parallel, and a Seas 27TAF/G 3/4" metal dome tweeter. I couldn't cut the port hole until that new PE 4" outer flange comes in. They don't have measurements for it up yet, and it doesn't arrive until mid-week. That will give me time to make sure it's all sealed up nice and tight, put that other brace in, foam the walls, sand, make everything flush, etc. Still a lot of work but it's getting closer to the point I can measure.

Paul,

How do the simulations look? Imp. FR phase etc.

Jed

Comment

• poneal

Originally posted by Jed
            Paul,

How do the simulations look? Imp. FR phase etc.

Jed
            Hi Jed,
            I only had measurements for the RS225s and did a pseudo model using a 4th order acoustic at 900hz. The breakup mode was down 40+db and went down from there. I don't have measurements for the others yet so I'm not able to start modeling. FWIW, as it will probably change, the main woofer filter I have modeled is a 3rd order electrical which becomes a 4th order acoustic. Looks like about 90db maybe 91db efficiency. I know it's all going to change once I measure them on the baffle though :-). Maybe next week I'll have them measured. Just hard to do during the week day. As you can tell, I'm pretty excited because I got all the parts cut, and one box pretty close over this weekend. I'll keep everyone abreast as things develop. I just get worn out sometimes and it's weeks before I get back to it :-). Cheers, Paul.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"