X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mayala
    • Mar 2006

help with computer speaker

I need help with designing a crossover for my small two way computer speakers. The drivers are a hi-vi b3n and a dayton nd20 square flange. The box i have on hand is the same as used in zaphaudios

I have these two drivers on hand and just needed some help with integrating them. thank you.
    Last edited by mayala; 31 March 2006, 17:28 Friday.
  • cjd
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Dec 2004

hmm. files for both are publicly available. Should be possible to work something out.

C
    diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• mayala
      • Mar 2006

I looked at both zaphaudio's design and the one at partsexpress except that the parts express one is a 4 incher and a different tweet. I'll be running them off of little 15x15 watt amp.

Comment

• mayala
        • Mar 2006

is there a free crossover design program out there that will help me.

Comment

• cjd
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Dec 2004

Well, there are free crossover design tools out there - understanding everything you need to know to work with them is the tough part. FRD Consortium has a whole slew of top notch programs that require MS Excel on Windows (for VB support), but they give you everything you need and then some.

Speaker Workshop is also free on the Windows platform (I've also managed to get the modeling portion working without problem using WINE under Linux).

C

Comment

• mayala
            • Mar 2006

I got unibox from that site earlier opened it and was lost.

Comment

• cjd
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Dec 2004

:lol:

Yeah, I can see that. Unibox just gets you box modeling for your mid-woofer, if you can call it that.

I'll get 'round to it eventually, but have a packed weekend. Will snag the files on my laptop and see about some train work though. I want to mess around with that driver combo some anyway.

C

Comment

• mayala
                • Mar 2006

Ok thanks how do i get those files are they the clio exported files from partsexpress? do i save them as a text or zma file or?

Comment

• cjd
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Dec 2004

You will need to strip the PE files of the extra data (headings, some T/S parameters in the impedance file) and rename as .frd and .zma

You will need to extract minimum phase - you can probably bypass doing a baffle step simulation and sum before doing phase if these are going to be near-wall and subbed. If you can find John K's measurement you should be able to use that straight-up, though you'll still want to do the minimum phase since the tweeter will be.

C

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"