Paper coned woofers selection help please...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poneal
    • May 2024

Paper coned woofers selection help please...

I liked the sound of the paper woofer of the German buyout. So much so that I want to do a nice two way setup. I want a high SPL driver. Preferably 91db or higher. I want low distortion throughout the frequency range with no energy storage problems. Crossover around 2000hz or less. I want low bass in a sealed box. An F3 of 60hz would be fine. Money isn't an issue but the less expensive the better as long as they are quality drivers. All suggestions welcome. Thanks, Paul
  • cjd
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Dec 2004

How 'bout a Fostex FF225K?

Peerless have anything for you?
    diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• Jim Holtz
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by poneal
      I liked the sound of the paper woofer of the German buyout. So much so that I want to do a nice two way setup. I want a high SPL driver. Preferably 91db or higher. I want low distortion throughout the frequency range with no energy storage problems. Crossover around 2000hz or less. I want low bass in a sealed box. An F3 of 60hz would be fine. Money isn't an issue but the less expensive the better as long as they are quality drivers. All suggestions welcome. Thanks, Paul
      That's a tall order for any woofer. Here's about as close as I know of.

Scan Speak 18W/4531G00. $210 each....

Jim

Comment

• poneal

Originally posted by Jim Holtz
        That's a tall order for any woofer. Here's about as close as I know of.

Scan Speak 18W/4531G00. $210 each....

Jim
        That's a very nice looking driver. I'm going to go model it real quick :-).

Comment

• TacoD
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2004

Scan Speak very nice sounding but has not the efficiency you're looking for. Also you have to like the typical pronounced mid bass. Results can be very good.

Comment

• poneal

Been looking at some of those PHL drivers, they are high SPL. Any comments?

Comment

• poneal

Got the page and design finalized...

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"