X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nathan P
    • Mar 2006

Second DIY Project

Well, after my first DIY project turned out so well for what it was, I made my own enclosure for most of the same parts, except for some better main drivers. I didn't have any driver parameters to go by, so I just made it with a volume roughly similar to that the woofer originally came in, and went from there. This is what I came up with, and it sounds pretty good, alot better than the previous one!
    Attached Files
  • WillyD
    • Feb 2006

You are an inspiration. I love your enthusiasm for this hobby, keep it up.

Comment

• Nathan P
      • Mar 2006

Thanks! I forgot to mention that I took the amp out of the Harmon Kardon speakers and used it to drive the mains, and am only using the other amp to run the woofer. The Harmon Kardon unit has a much more balanced sound, the bass is not as boomy, and is well controlled compared to the other. I'm running a line from the subwoofer out on the harmon Kardon board to the in on the other, so the woofer is only putting out the lower stuff (Before it put out alot of the voice information etc because the sats that came with the original set from that system were really weak. It sounds much better with this configuration than using the crossover etc in the one board. Also, the HK unit has Volume, and tone controls for treble and bass.

Comment

• dyazdani
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Oct 2005

Good job! I wish I had some spare stuff lying around that I could mess with...
        Danish

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"