X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SE-Raider
    • Jan 2006

Acoustic foam gasketing for face of enclosure

I know from various posts and tsts the advantages of flush mounting the tweeter and bass driver on the front face of the enclosure. For those without access to a router, is there anyone who makes a foam gasket material, about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick that could be used to cover the front face of the enclosure, cut out for the drivers, that would also be acoustically absorbent. Ths might also help with the refraction of high frequencies, and could also be visually interesting as well. I looked at the cascade gasketing product, but it only comes in 10" sheets. Any suggestions appreciated.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Instead of foam use high wool content felt gasketing material. If you search the forum you'll find numerous references to it

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"