X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gargoyle
    • Nov 2005

LT EQ dipole

Everything I've read about Linkwitz transform was associated only with closed box woofers (or tweeters - also CB). Why isn't LTC used for a low Q driver's behaviour compensation when used in dipoles instead of shelving lowpass? (Of course together with 6dB/oct dipole eq.)
  • BobEllis
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

The Linkwitz Transform has a slope of 12 dB/octave and Dipole EQ needs 6 dB/octave.

Comment

• Gargoyle
      • Nov 2005

Let dipole eq. aside. I meant it as a eq. of a speaker early rolloff due to Q - smaller than 0,5.

For LTC desing I assume f(0)=fs and Q(0)=Qts, because of "nearly infinite box". So I think I can move higher Fs (say, 35Hz) a low Q woofer to desired F(p) and Q(p), if it is not against the nature.

Comment

• BobEllis
        Super Senior Member
        • Dec 2005

could be done, I suppose. If you use Linkwitz's spreadsheet to calculate values you have to keep "k" >0, plug the numbers in and try it out. You'll run into excursion issues if you push it too much.

Usually in dipole speakers you run the drivers well above where this would be an issue, though.

Comment

• Gargoyle
          • Nov 2005

Thank for the responce B.E.

Does anybody tryed it? I'm still not sure about applicability. I don't know what happens with speaker sound below its Fs. SL recommends drivers with very low Fs - the reason is obvious, but I've thought that this could be also he right solution.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"