X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonasz
    • Nov 2004

OT Detroit...what to do...?

I'm gonna be in the Detroit area for two weeks (from march 16th) and I want ideas about what to do there. Is there something you just HAVE to see? (apart from Red Wings) Are there any interesting DIY'ers to visit perhaps? Or any good audio stores? What's the things to see there, from a non-audio tourist perspective?

• cjd
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Dec 2004

run away? Detroit scares me. :P
    diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• Mudjock
      • Sep 2005

The most obvious person that comes to mind is Jim Salk (www.salksound.com).
      Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out...

https://sites.google.com/view/sehlin...solutions/home

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Yes if you can touch base with Jim Salk do so, he's one of the nicest people I've ever met. His woodworking is absolutely stunning.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• kgveteran
          • Oct 2005

Hitsville USA, Motown would be a nice stop.Check out where the funk bothers pounded out hit after hit.Check out the movie,"Standing in the shaddows of Motown" first.It will give you a heads up on what to expect.

KG
          Here is my LCR "Trio". Way to go guys !

Comment

• Ray_D
            • Apr 2005

Detroit Tourism

My wife and I travel by motorhome about half time. We were in Detroit for a few days last fall. We loved the Eleanor and Edsel home in Gross Pointe Shores, amazing. The Henry Ford (Greenfield Village et al) and the Henry Ford Estate were pretty neat too. Detroit had the worst drivers we have ever encountered and we travel a lot, including Mexico.

Good Luck

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"