X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nathan P
    • Mar 2006

Help! Horn not putting out any sound

I have a pair of PA speakers I'm trying to fix for a friend. One speaker works fine, and sounds pretty good. The other, the sound is really muddled and nothing comes out of the horn (Tweeter) I took out the EQ or whatever it's called that deciphers the signals from the amp into signals for both speakers, and nothing was visibly damaged. I used some wire to connect the horn directly to the amp (At low volume) and it worked. What could be causing this? None of the coils or anything look burn etc. I tried putting a little lube in the pot that's connected to the tweeter to adjust the highs, but no luck.

Thanks,
    Nathan
  • Nathan P
    • Mar 2006

I guess it's called the crossover? Is that right? I have a good amount of technical knowledge, but the terms are still a little vague.

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I tried putting a little lube in the pot that's connected to the tweeter to adjust the highs, but no luck
      One doesn't put lube in those that kills them...

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"