X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jed
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Apr 2005

Cosmetic touch-ups used drivers

Does anybody have a procedure for touching up scratched mounting flanges? The units in question are C44s and C12s I bought used. The original owner put the screws in the flange at such an angle (not 90 degrees) that the screw scraped some of the finish off around the mounting area. The scratch is a tad deeper than can be just touched up with a marker. I was thinking about some sort of black enamel to paint in there but I thought I would see what others do first.

My second question is about the plastic housing for some tweeters and midranges. The C44s have a plastic housing behind the mounting flange and it appears that someone melted a hole in one of my C44s and repaired it with some sort of epoxy. I'm hoping that it won't affect the response and function of the units.

Thanks,
    Jed
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Jed

My second question is about the plastic housing for some tweeters and midranges. The C44s have a plastic housing behind the mounting flange and it appears that someone melted a hole in one of my C44s and repaired it with some sort of epoxy. I'm hoping that it won't affect the response and function of the units.

Thanks,
    Jed

Doesn't that sort of stuff just cheese you off? You'd think someone would have a little more physical respect and care for a driver that expensive- it's not like it's some $20 Vifa tweeter...

For touchup, I use model paints, just black enamel. Small bottle, easy to apply.
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• capslock
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by JonMarsh
      Doesn't that sort of stuff just cheese you off? You'd think someone would have a little more physical respect and care for a driver that expensive- it's not like it's some $20 Vifa tweeter...

For touchup, I use model paints, just black enamel. Small bottle, easy to apply.

Or a spray can. If you add your last layer from a large distance, you get the rough texture that many drivers frames have.

Comment

• Jed
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by JonMarsh

Yeah, some people have no business around soldering irons or screw drivers- armed and dangerous! Poor C44s- they didn't deserve it.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"