Behringer DCX2496 just died. Any thoughts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sfdoddsy
    • Sep 2000

Behringer DCX2496 just died. Any thoughts?

After not touching it for a long time, I thought I might just tweak the bass levels on my three way active dipole. Prior to fiddling, I turned the DCX off, and then back on.

Instead of a cheery welcome screen, I now have a unit that merely gives a dim pulsing screen with no characters at all. The dim pulse on the screen was matched with a sonic pulse through the speakers which I sincerely hope has not damaged my speakers.

Any Behringer experts care to suggest a remedy or a diagnosis?

I have tried a reset to factory by press the two page keys while powering up, and the recovery thingie by press the Input A button while powering up.

Nada.

All suggestions grumpily entertained.

Steve
    Steve's OB Journey
  • capslock
    • Dec 2004

Have a look at www.audiotreff.de. It seems the DXC suffers from two common hardware problems:

a) pcb solder points of the symmetrical I/O break -> not your problem

b) power supply electrolytics of poorest quality, die after 1-2 years, result: pulsing sound, sometimes also display and control logic malfunction -> sound familiar?

Comment

• capslock
      • Dec 2004

This website is for sale! rahaso.de is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, rahaso.de has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

• sfdoddsy
        • Sep 2000

b) does sound familiar. I guess I'll contact Behringer about a repair.

:evil:
        Steve's OB Journey

Comment

• capslock
          • Dec 2004

for a pic of the culprit - you could probably do the soldering yourself

Comment

• sfdoddsy
            • Sep 2000

Alas, I am a klutz. Thanks for the info though.

Steve
            Steve's OB Journey

Comment

• sfdoddsy
              • Sep 2000

Well, it's fixed. I sent it to a Behringer repair place and it was back in a couple of days. They said they modified the power supply and had heard of the problem before.

Interestingly, it wass still not working when I got it back. I'm in a 220V country, but was running off a 110V transformer. Apparently Behringer stuff has a flexible power supply and when I ran it directly off 220V all was fine.

Perhaps I could have saved myself $80.

Cheers

Steve
              Steve's OB Journey

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"