X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cobbpa
    • Apr 2005

Is there any rule of thumb...

As to, say, a room of X cubic feet should have speakers able to displace Y% air of X to be reasonably loud / listenable? Talking about non-sub frequencies here. I know efficiency comes into play, as does whether or not the woofers are being pushed to their limits, along with what frequencies we're talking about...but usually rules of thumb don't include this much detail. Basically looking for a starting point in a speaker search.
  • Rudy Jakubin
    • May 2005

I think this might be it;

Comment

• cobbpa
      • Apr 2005

Interesting stuff..thanks for the link!
      Can anyone work out the Excel formulas for the low frequency excursion & power needed? I don't know if I'm missing something or what but I can't figure out how to get his numbers..

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"