First time DIYer needs help with Router and Sealant.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Exocer
    • Feb 2006

First time DIYer needs help with Router and Sealant.

Hey guys, Rob here just getting into DIY...
    The title says it all. I've already ordered the Jasper Jig and want to be able to use this with the router I choose. The Black and Decker RP200 caught my eye (its really inexpensive), but I was wondering if this unit would good for a first timer. Also considered the next level up, but It isn't on the compatibility list for the Jasper Jig.

I've got my 2" screws, wood glue, and MDF already cut from HD and my design approved by rythmik audio for their servo kit, all i need at this point is sealant and a router. I was wondering if I should get a sealant that adheres to wood instead of regular ol' 100% silicone sealant...Sorry for the newbie questions.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

What are you using sealant for?

If it's for gluing the wood Titebond II is a better choice

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Exocer
      • Feb 2006

I already have the Elmer's carpenter glue. I guess i dont need a sealant?

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

The only situation where a sealant would be needed is if the wood joints aren't air tight. If you do need to seal the joints a simple latex caulk is fine.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Exocer
          • Feb 2006

Sweet, thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"