X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dawaro
    • Feb 2005

Has anyone used the Adire alignment?

I have a Dayton 15" DVC sub laying around that I am looking at using for my HT set up. From what I have been told they are rather similar to the Adire Tempest. With that being said I have been looking at using the Adire alignment.

I have ran the numbers through Unibox and on paper it looks nice but before I build a 214L enclosure I would like a second opinion or two. Right now I am looking at a 214L enclosure tuned to 15.4hz with an F3 of 28.84hz.

The sub will be used 50/50 for HT and music in a 20' x 20' room with 9' ceilings. Right now I am using a 500 watt plate amp for power.

As far as the design I am looking at copying the design at Thomas Woodcraft.

Any thoughts?
    I am not Dawaro the muslim state in Ethiopia...Just DAvid WAyne ROberts
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

The Aerial Stryke project used an EBS alignment (well, basically), but it's a rather different driver than the 15" DVC. It worked well, and I expect the DVC will work OK, too, as it's fairly similar in parameters to the Tempest. It's a big box, of course.

The HE15 could use up to 800 watts or so, but the DVC should be quite happy with 500 or possibly less.
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• runninkyle17
      • Nov 2005

I just bought a 12" Shiva and I have also been looking at the Adire Alignment. I already have a Velodyne CT-150, but I got the 12" at such a good deal I could not pass it up.

Anyway I have not had any experience with the Adire Alignment, but the design looks promising for a 50/50 sub like you want. I have been very impressed with the customer service of Adire Audio also. If you have not already emailed them to ask them about the design you should do so. They will probably provide you with all the information that you need.

Comment

• Scott Simonian
        • Nov 2004

Yes.

I own a Tempest and have had it in the vented Adire alignment since I got it. I love it. Great compromise between music and movie ability. Well, not everyone will agree. Everyone has their own opinion about using vented designs for music use.

I primarily use mine for movies. It works great for em'. Very good extension. If you go the EBS route, you'll gain a few hertz but lose some dBs. That's why I picked the adire alignment. Good comprimise between output and extension.

Mine models flat into the mid teens. The -6dB point for my system is about 12-13hz.
        My Sound Splinter 18's each in 25cuft boxes w/ EP2500

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"