X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmb
    • Feb 2006

Need your opinion

Hello all, I am new to this forum and have a stupid question.
    I am currently about to finish a sonotube based sub using the RythmikAudio servo kit. My question is regarding the mounting of the driver.

Will a #8 socket head sheet metal screw be adequate?

The driver surround on the Rythmik extends out to the edge of the driver, with only a small opening to allow for the mounting screws. This small opening will accommodate the #8 cap screw, but not a larger, say #10 traditional screw.
    Am I just being anal about this?
    "I'd rather attempt to do something great and fail......than attempt to do nothing and succeed."
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The driver surround on the Rythmik extends out to the edge of the driver, with only a small opening to allow for the mounting screws.
    They're all made that way, that's why I use T-nuts and clamps made from 1/2" conduit clamps to mount any sub where the driver isn't seen....

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"