X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • runninkyle17
    • Nov 2005

URGENT: Quick sub question!?

Hello all-

I recently came across a guy who is selling a pair of Adire Audio 12" Shiva subwoofers for $67.

The woofers are 8 omh and they are in good condition. I was wondering if this is a good deal? Also, are the Shiva still good quality woofers?

Thanks in advance.
  • Brian Walter
    • Sep 2005

The Shiva's I have are dual 8 ohm voice coils and are very good subwoofers. I wouldn't really call them woofers, as I wouldn't use them much above 120hz or so. They compare very well with Daytons DVC12 drivers. I think Dayton copied the shiva's with their design. If you can get the pair for $67 and have a use for them, I'd say go for it. I have heard that they can be a little noisy in an open baffle arrangement, so if that was your intent, there are better drivers out there to pick from.

Brian Walter

Comment

• runninkyle17
      • Nov 2005

Thanks so much for the heads up. I went ahea and bought them. I will be using them as subwoofers, probably with a crossover at 80Hz.

I found out that they are the Shiva MKIV's and I thought they were the older MKII's, so I am really excited about them.

Now all I have to do is figure out what type of enclosure to put them in and what amp to drive them with. I would like to end up with at least one sub that will drive relatively flat down to 18Hz.

Oh well, that means I'm off to do some research!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"