X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MarkR
    • Jan 2005

No RS180's it can't be true.....

I have just tried ordering four of these from Parts Express and they are showing as not in stock. :M

I had ordered these 2 days ago and they showed as being in stock but I tried processing the order with my credit card and they won't accept these from o/seas customers. In the time it's taken me to get back thay have sold out.

I have sent them an e-mail asking when they will be back in stock but does anybody know already?

Talk about bad luck...
  • KeithM
    • Oct 2005

The site says it's due 3/24/06...hopefully.

Comment

• jdybnis
      • Dec 2004

An alternative is to use the autosound versions of the RS drivers that are going to be in this week. Supposedly they are the same as the regular RS drivers except they are unshielded and 4 ohms instead of 8.
      Last edited by jdybnis; 01 February 2006, 04:24 Wednesday.
      -Josh

Comment

• MarkR
        • Jan 2005

Thanks Keith, I obviously missed that the second time around.

They won't back order for o/seas customers, do you or anybody that deals with them on a regular basis know if they are likely to have this shipment sold out?

Sorry if I sound desperate, I've been planing to build a pair of MTM's for while
        now and I sold my main speakers last weekend. It's gonna be a long couple of months.....

Comment

• capslock
          • Dec 2004

I can order from them with my overseas card and have it shipped either to my home or to a US address with no problems at all. I think for the very first order years back they wanted me to use Paypal.

Comment

• M.Roberts8
            • Jan 2006

An alternative is to use the autosound versions of the RS drivers that are going to be in this week. Supposedly they are the same as the regular RS drivers except they are unshielded and 4 ohms instead of 8.
            MarkR,
            I could be wrong but if you are planning on one of the designs that are in the sticky threads,modula/natalie p etc. I would not get the 4ohm versions as I do not think they will work with crossovers that have been designed.
            -Mark

Comment

• JohnL
              • Dec 2004

I don't know if they drop ship from PE or if they have their own stock, but it would be worth an email.

Speaker City

Comment

• cjd
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by M.Roberts8
                MarkR,
                I could be wrong but if you are planning on one of the designs that are in the sticky threads,modula/natalie p etc. I would not get the 4ohm versions as I do not think they will work with crossovers that have been designed.
                -Mark
                They simply wont' work properly at all.

Sucks when something you want is out of stock, but they'll be back...
                diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• Brian Bunge
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Nov 2001

Originally posted by jdybnis
                  Do you happen to have links or model numbers for these drivers? I'd like to check them out! :T

Comment

• jdybnis
                    • Dec 2004

AFAIK they aren't putting up any info until they get the drivers in stock.

-Josh

Comment

• KeithM
                      • Oct 2005

If no one carries them or gets them in until March, you might want to look at ebay. It seems like they go there pretty often.

Comment

• cotdt
                        • Oct 2005

you can prolly get some at amazon.com

Comment

• MarkR
                          • Jan 2005

Thank's for the suggestions, I recieved an e-mail from Parts Express today, they are back in stock. :T

Comment

• wrz0170
                            • Jan 2006

Thats great news! I have 4 on order myself. I just got the tweeters today. I hope I don't have to wait til march......

Comment

• Derek
                              • Oct 2005

I called PE and they shipped mine today. So I guess it's true that they are back in stock.

Derek

Comment

• wrz0170
                                • Jan 2006

Yep, I got my shipping confirmation email w/ tracking number

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"