X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneoldude
    • Apr 2005

RSS315HF/RSS265HF Xover Freq.

Any one have experience or ideas re: where the breakup occurs on the 315 and 265 HF drivers? :huh:

Where would be the highest freq you would suggest crossing the 315 and 265 HF drivers respectively? :huh:
    oneoldude :later:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet" - Damon Runyon
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "De Gustibus Non Disputandum Est" (There is no disputing taste) - Ancient Roman Saying
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

That's really two different questions. The main breakup mode in both drivers is above 1 kHz; they're very stiff cones. OTOH, like the RS270, well below that point they'll start getting into energy storage issues which smears the response. For the RS270, that's above 600 Hz. I haven't gotten setup for that testing yet; doing some of the organzation for that this weekend. I'm hoping the RS315HF is good to 300 Hz (quick distortion sweeps indicate that possiblity), and that the RS265HF is good to 400-500 Hz. The latter may be a little optimistic.

~Jon
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• oneoldude
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by JonMarsh
      That's really two different questions.

~Jon
      You are absolutely right, as usual. :T

The numbers you cite look good. I hope your testing will bear it out. :5:

BTW when do you see your lab fully up and running? I'm sure you will be having great fun in it with that white lab coat and all. :dance:
      oneoldude :later:
      "The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet" - Damon Runyon
      "De Gustibus Non Disputandum Est" (There is no disputing taste) - Ancient Roman Saying

Comment

• JonMarsh
        Mad Max Moderator
        • Aug 2000

Well, today I got the new test PC which I'd started building at Christmas 2004 but has been on hold since Xmax 2004 finished, and the MAudio 24/192 drivers and sound card installed. Next is connecting and calibrating the Praxis Audpod- on the list for next weekend. So, in theory I should be on the air by then, barring any unforseen glitch (like if something was defective with the new ACO mic, which I don't expect, given their normal quality. The woofer test stand is built, used last year for some comparisons between TC2+ and Ascendent Atlas 12s, and will be ready for RS315 testing. Today a lot of time was taken up uploading data for a support website I'm doing for work, which is also the basis of what will happen later this year for a personal web site. I also got my 10PG moved into place so I can re-assemble the lens and start setting it up. But I'm deferring that until the big batch of driver testing is done. Midwoofers, woofers, and tweeters.

~Jon
        the AudioWorx
        Natalie P
        M8ta
        Modula Neo DCC
        Modula MT XE
        Modula Xtreme
        Isiris
        Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
        Minerva Monitor
        Calliope
        Ardent D

In Development...
        Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
        Obi-Wan
        Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
        Modula PWB
        Calliope CC Supreme
        Natalie P Ultra
        Natalie P Supreme
        Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
        Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"