X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thymej
    • Jan 2006

Which driver is better?

Does anyone know how the TCSounds TC2+ compare with the Dayton RS 12HF (Hifi) drivers?

TCSounds TC2+

vs

Dayton (REFERENCE SERIES) RSS315HF 12" driver
    Last edited by ThomasW; 24 January 2006, 18:28 Tuesday.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Please stop opening more threads. One certainly doesn't need a separate thread for every question they ask.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• thymej
      • Jan 2006

Which driver is better?

Thanks for fixing this for me... Sorry for causing problems.

Comment

• cotdt
        • Oct 2005

I think tc2+ is better. they can both cross over pretty high too, as far as subs go.

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

We haven't completed testing on the RS 12" drivers. The TC2+ are quite good, have higher Xmax and are more expensive.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• thymej
            • Jan 2006

I have decided with two Dayton Titanic MkIII 15” in two a sealed box 1 driver each. Now after reading more here, I’m thinking, would 4 Dayton RS 12” Hifi be better for music? Two drivers each sealed box.

Comment

• ThomasW
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

There's no way to answer this question without building both and testing them.

At their current sale price I'd go for multiple SVC-TC2+ 12"s over the 15" Titanic MKIII or multiple RS-12"s

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Evil Twin
                Super Senior Member
                • Nov 2004

The RS315 are substantially more linear, especially at higher frequencies. IMO, they are cleaner and integrate better with the upper range. Whether that's worth spending the money for more cabinets and radiating area, that must be for you to determmin. For music, black is back.
                DFAL
                Dark Force Acoustic Labs

A wholly owned subsidiary of Palpatine Heavy Industries

Comment

• ThomasW
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

The question Mr Black , is (outside the testing lab, given real world differences in playback equipment and the impact of the 'room') how audible is the difference between these drivers when a standard 80Hz sub out is being used?

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• thymej
                    • Jan 2006

FYI, that is all that I will be using them for 80Hz and below.

Comment

• thymej
                      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by ThomasW
                      At their current sale price I'd go for multiple SVC-TC2+ 12"s over the 15" Titanic MKIII or multiple RS-12"s
                      Who has the TC2+ for sale?

Comment

• borderdad
                        • Nov 2005

I think Oaudio makes and sells 'em. http://www.oaudio.com/
                        Hola from El Paso!

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"