X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tommythecat
    • Nov 2005

Ascendant Alliance info

The website is much more up to date now, and i haven't seen anyone post this, so I'll go ahead: http://www.ascendantaudio.com/

"The Alliance subwoofers bring a new level of quality and performance to high end home audio. Designed from the ground up specifically for home audio, they feature low resonance frequencies and fantastic naturally flat and extended frequency responses. We will post more info about these subwoofers shortly including real-world frequency response graphs. Thank you for your patience."

Znom 4 ohms.......BL 17.24 n/a
    Re 3.8 ohms........Sd 1185 cm2
    Fs 14.6 Hz..........Mms 362 g
    Vas 657 L...........Xmax 20.5 mm
    Qms 10.79..........Spl 88.7 dB 1W/1M
    Qes .425.............Rms 750W
    Qts .409.............Le 2 mH

Cutout diam. 16 3/4
    Outer diam. 18 1/2
    Mounting depth 8 5/8
    Weight 25 pounds
    Voice Coil diam. 2.5 inch aluminum
    Voice coil Single 4 ohm
    Cone Paper/Kevlar fibers
    Price $399.00
    Warrranty 3 years

Now if you check the website, its littered with pre-sale prices. So while it may go up to 400 bucks later, it could be much closer to ~320 for a few weeks.

And here's something interesting: http://www.ascendantaudio.com/arco_page.html

"The crossover in most component sets is commonly cheap, usually using only a couple of parts. Our crossover is far from common, and actually offers a very advanced filter. It is a hybrid elliptical crossover that allows the tweeter to be crossed over very low without power handling problems. The tweeter actually receives a 60 dB per octave, 10th order dropoff until its output can no longer be heard. This allows for a crossover point of 2000 Hz."
  • AJINFLA
    • Mar 2005

The assault 18, if they can hold the $200 price point & keep distortion lowish and aerodynamic noise reasonable, might make an interesting dipole driver indeed.

Cheers,

AJ
    Manufacturer

Comment

• hayden
      • Nov 2003

I post this on another forum, and I will restate it:

I am a little disappointed in the fact that the Alliance 18" is coming in at $399. This is for a sub that seems to have solid specs (low Fs, shorting ring, etc.), but "only" a throw of 20.5mm and no mention of the motor topology. It certainly doesn't seem to be a "bargain" for IB designs, particularly in multiples.
      JP

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"