X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matt36887
    • Jan 2006

First DIY Sub

I am looking at making my first DIY sub here in the next few months. I was looking at making one with SS RL-p 15 and a nady xa-1100 amp. But I was wondering what should I use for an EQ? Also do you think this large of a sub is a bit of over kill for a 20ft x 25ft room? Should I use the 12 inch? I want a sealed inclosure, but am not sure on what the outer dimensions should be.

Thanks,
    Matt
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

IMO all subs need EQ. Your room certainly is large enough that the RL-p 15" won't be overkill.

We've covered sealed alignments with this driver on several occasions, here are the most recent projects.

All, Long time AVSer, and have been lurking here for a while now. You have really inspired me to build my own sub. I think that I'm up to the challange of building my own box, and understand the rule that there is never enough bracing. :) So, I was hoping that I could get some help with the design. My thoughts so far: 1)

Hey all, I would first like to state what a nice resource this Forum has proven to be. Being that I have everything on order or it's already arrived..I thought it time to ask for a little critiquing. Any help that would come my way would be much appreciated and would greatly help me out on my first DIY project. I have had many
    Last edited by theSven; 15 August 2023, 14:28 Tuesday. Reason: Update htguide urls

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• ---k---
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2005

It depends on your definition of overkill. Right now, I don't think that my two are overkill in my room. IMHO, they are just about right.

I got a Behringer 1124P for $99 at christmas. Behringer has a new model that is running $149 at PE.
      - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
      CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
      CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"