X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • runninkyle17
    • Nov 2005

My new Flexy stand!

Well since I got some tools for Christmas I got started on this stand. The work has come along slow, but I have had to balance finishing this stand and medical school. Oh if only the human body wasn't so complex!!!

Anyway, here is my stand. I think it turned out quite well considering it was my first attempt at anything remotely DIY! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Attached Files
  • runninkyle17
    • Nov 2005

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask if anyone had any recommendations for something fairly thin (1/2" or less) to put under the legs that will give some sort of isolation?

I have seen the idea of using pumice stones and that is a cheap alternative. Just thought I would ask to see if anyone had some other suggestions.

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Nice stand .... :T

Check you local HVAC supply house, ask for Wagner AV mounting pads. They should be about a $1ea and look sort of like a hard rubber waffle.

Here's the same thing from another company

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• TacoD
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2004

Wow nicely done! Try some rubber brick, over here we have special rubber padding for child playgrounds.

Comment

• runninkyle17
          • Nov 2005

Thanks for the advice guys. Those rubber pads look like the perfect fit; however, is it possible to cut them down or do they not recommend that?

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

If you can figure out a good way to cut them go ahead. Their weight carrying ability is according to the sq in of surface area, so don't make them too small for the load

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• runninkyle17
              • Nov 2005

Now that I think about it, the 3" X 3" squares will probably work out nicely. I think I will only use two squares total for the back legs because those are the legs that are on the wood floor.

I haven't figured out what I am going to put under the front legs (they are on the carpet rug). The front legs might not need anything at all because the legs already isolate it okay I guess. I have a ton of thin rubber discs that I may try out. Instead of buying rubber washers at $0.84 a piece I bought a ton of rubber discs and cut out my own holes.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"